Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 18, 2014
The success of the pharmacy benefit on public insurance exchanges could serve as a leading indicator for how well qualified health plans (QHPs) themselves are performing. No other benefit is as widely used and visible as that of drug coverage — one of 10 essential health benefits that now must be included in small-group and individual policies sold on the exchanges. As the open-enrollment deadline approaches, many insurers are taking a close look at their pharmacy benefits to see if their initial pricing and design assumptions will hold up to the reality of the new marketplace. The March 27 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) “Pharmacy Coverage on Public Exchanges: How Plans Can Ensure Access While Controlling Costs,” will outline how to create attractive products that offer ample drug coverage in exchanges while keeping costs down.
Julie Huppert, vice president of health care reform at Express Scripts Holding Co., and Caroline Pearson, vice president at Avalere Health LLC, will present for 60 minutes and follow with 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. Participants will get reliable answers to these and other big-dollar questions:
- What lessons can plans draw from QHPs’ pharmacy benefit designs three months after the exchanges went live?
- What key changes will plans and PBMs likely make to their pharmacy benefit designs for 2015?
- Which benefit designs are inviting adverse selection because of too-generous pharmacy benefits, and what changes should QHPs make to fix the situation?
- Which benefit designs are triggering member backlash over too much cost sharing, and what steps should plans take without increasing overall costs of the benefit?
- How widespread are narrow pharmacy networks, and how much in savings does this model achieve?
- How should insurers respond to HHS’s ambiguous position on whether QHPs are commercial plans or federal health care programs?
- What lessons can be learned from Medicare Part D and the commercial arena?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4p13_032714 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.