Houston, Texas (PRWEB) March 20, 2014
E-Investigations has performed many employee investigations, ranging from embezzlement of funds to stealing patent protected intellectual property. In this day and age of smaller and smaller digital storage devices, it has become more and more important to continually evaluate employee behavior.
E-Investigations provides 10 warning signs that could indicate that employees are spying and/or stealing intellectual property or trade secrets from their company:
1. Working odd hours without authorization.
2. Taking proprietary or other information home in hard copy form and/or on thumb drives, computer disks, or e-mail.
3. Unnecessarily copying material, especially if it’s proprietary or classified.
4. Disregard company policies about installing personal software or hardware, accessing restricted websites, conducting unauthorized searches, or downloading confidential material.
5. Taking short trips to foreign countries for unexplained reasons.
6. Engaging in suspicious personal contacts with competitors, business partners, or other unauthorized individuals.
7. Buying things they can’t afford.
8. Being overwhelmed by life crises or career disappointments.
9. Leaving traps to detect searches of their home or office or looking for listening devices or cameras.
10. Showing aggressive behavior to changes in company policy, especially when concerning security.
Gary Huestis, Director of Digital Forensics at E-Investigations, stated that "If someone is suspected of committing economic espionage, it is very important to do your homework and call in an outside consultant, such as E-Investigations, to perform an independent review of company computers, servers, and mobile devices." E-Investigations has developed several forensically sound preliminary evaluations to economically determine if an employee has been taking intellectual property. Internal investigations, often done by internal IT personnel, can impede or taint evidence, many times making proving a case in court more difficult.
E-Investigations has the tools and experience to perform logical, physical, file system and password extraction of data from digital devices. By the incorporating the latest hardware and software technologies, E-Investigations has one of the most thorough capabilities for computer and mobile device investigations in the industry – with the ability to image thousands of computers, tablets, mobile phones, smartphones and portable GPS devices, and all major mobile OS: iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Palm.
E-Investigation's Computer Forensic Investigators follow the trail and decipher the information regardless of whether the evidence is digital, such as electronically stored information found on computers, tablets, mobile phones or other devices or if the investigation requires traditional private investigative services. E-Investigations' tools and techniques include surveillance, undercover work and detailed record searches. The final product helps our clients gain a deeper understanding of what has happened or what is occurring. The gained clarity and discovery of truth allows our clients to quickly respond and recover.
Gary Huestis is the Director of Digital Forensics at E-Investigations. Mr. Huestis is an EnCase certified examiner and a licensed private investigator.
Call us toll-free at 877-305-4935