We are running out of landfill space and our oceans are filling up with it at an alarming rate. A true solution will take years and hard work, but we want Treeson to be a first step in that solution.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 19, 2014
Treeson Spring Water (Treeson) today announced that they achieved full funding in their Kickstarter campaign that they launched on February 11, 2014. Over the course of the campaign, they raised $96,242 with the help of 648 backers. They will now begin the production process.
Treeson began five years ago when founder Carlton Solle came across a trash stream washed up on one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Disturbed by this, he began research and found out about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, a vortex of trash larger than the size of Texas floating in the Ocean. Carlton learned that, of the 250 billion water bottles sold each year, less than 30% ever get recycled and 200 million of them end up as waste pollution.
He was determined to find a solution, but also knew that converting an entire culture of bottled water drinkers was no small task. Treeson seeks to do it not by entirely changing consumer behavior at first, but by providing a better sustainable choice on the shelf. Treeson will attempt this in the following ways:
- It is as eco-friendly in its design as it can be. It is manufactured using plant-based sustainable materials, entirely free of GMO products, contains no toxic petrochemicals and it will “bio-degrade” if it ends up where it shouldn’t as litter out in the environment.
- It has a unique return “Recycling" program that is designed to remove Treeson bottles from the waste stream and use them to create clean energy. The bottle comes with a return mail label and can be collapsed flat and placed into any USPS mail box when finished. It is then put through a special process at Treeson HQ that turns the old bottles into clean energy, used to power the manufacturing of new bottles.
- It starts with the natural spring water, purifying it via a system modeled after how water is filtered in the rainforest canopy. Treeson adds back the nutrients and the electrolytes lost during purification and also add oxygen to return it to the natural state it was in at the source.
- Treeson is committed to ensuring that there is an abundance of fresh air and clean water for all for years to come, so for every bottle of water purchased, one tree is planted. This will restore habitats lost to deforestation and stabilize erosion to preserve waterways, returning them to a balanced ecosystem.
- Last of all, in the spirit of complete transparency and accountability, it has developed a mobile app which allows all Treeson customers to track their bottles and see, in real time, the positive environmental impact they have made in choosing Treeson. They can also see the location of their trees and see actual photos of them, watching them grow over time.
“One of the biggest environmental problems facing the world today is the pollution caused by single-use plastic bottles. We are running out of landfill space and our oceans are filling up with it at an alarming rate. A true solution will take years and hard work, but we want Treeson to be a first step in that solution,” said Solle. “Though we can’t fix it all at once, we can offer people around the world the opportunity to make a difference with the purchases that they make. In order for us to inspire an industry and market of this size to move to fully sustainable solutions, we have to do it from within and set an example to show how it can be done. Long-term, we want the bottle to become obsolete, but it has to be part of the journey towards a better way.”
Treeson’s mission is to ultimately stop plastic waste from ending up in the ocean, and they will use the bottle project to help advance that goal. The brand will serve as a vehicle to educate consumers about the larger implications of the choices we all make in supermarkets. Treeson is committed to refining and improving its products and finding new ways to reduce environmental impact through design innovation and developing new, sustainable, technologies. For more information visit: http://www.treesonspringwater.com.
About Treeson Spring Water
Treeson Spring Water is an environmentally friendly, socially conscious bottled water brand, founded by Carlton Solle in 2009. It is inspired by the rainforest and features a proprietary formula that blends the world’s finest regionally sourced spring water with electrolytes and oxygen to deliver the most natural spring water product to ever exist. All packaging is environmentally friendly and is part of a proprietary cradle-to-cradle program dubbed the "Zero Impact System", a free, participatory return program that ensures the packaging doesn’t end up in a landfill, river, or ocean. The returned bottles are used to create clean energy to power the manufacturing of new bottles. Treeson wants to ensure that there is an abundance of fresh air and clean water for all for years to come, so for every bottle of water purchased, one tree is planted. Transparency and accountability will be maintained via a custom mobile app which will allow all Treeson customers to track their positive impact.