London (PRWEB) March 19, 2014
Wyplay, a creator of software solutions for leading pay-TV operators, announced today that its Frog by Wyplay open source community has passed a significant milestone, with more than 50 companies now supporting the initiative that aims to free all actors in the TV technology ecosystem from being locked-in to proprietary solutions.
“Frog by Wyplay has enjoyed a tremendous traction since we have made available our source code earlier this year.” said Wyplay CMO Dominique Féral. He added: “Over the last month, we have received on average one freshly-signed Frog License Agreement every working day. This is an unquestionable testimony showing the appetite of TV operators and our industry at large for open and collaborative approaches to technical innovation.”
Among this new intake of Frog community members that includes companies from all parts of the digital TV technology value chain, Wyplay has highlighted, in separate announcements, some significant developments:
- STMicroelectronics’ products are powering the latest satellite reception-enabled Frog by Wyplay - reference hardware.
- Rovi Corporation has pre-integrated its Electronic Program Guide enrichment solutions with the Frog middleware.
The following companies have so far endorsed the Frog by Wyplay initiative, either as early-adopter supporting partners or full-blown Licensees:
- Chipset vendors: Broadcom, Entropic, HiSilicon, MStar Semiconductors, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, ViXS.
- Set-top box manufacturers: AirTies, Altech SetOne, Amino, Arcadyan, Changhong, Cisco, Coship, Dune HD, Easy Digital, Huawei Device, Homecast, Jiuzhou, Kaon Media, OpenTech, Sagemcom, Samsung, Skardin, Skyworth, Technicolor.
- System Integrators and Scaling Partners: ADP Technologies, Altim, CInfo, CMedios, Eurogiciel, Evio, Intigral, L&T Technology Services, MathEmbedded, Neotech Co., NeST Software, S3 Group, Savis Vietnam, Tata Elxsi.
- Marketplace Solutions partners: 4Mod Technologies, Awox, Beeweeb, Connected Labs, Movea, Paragon Software, Philips RCU, Quadrille, Rovi Corp., Ruwido, Wildmoka, WizTiVi.
- TV Operators: Bayonette, Groupe Canal+.
Frog by Wyplay is showcased on Wyplay’s booth (#63) at TVConnect 2014 - London Olympia, from March 18th to 20th.
# # #
Independent and internationally recognized, Wyplay develops open, modular and innovative software solutions for IPTV, cable, satellite and terrestrial TV operators and broadcasters around the world.
Wyplay’s technology enables operators to select, configure, and deploy solutions easily from the richest list of preconfigured functionality available in a modular online TV solution, including an electronic program guide; video recorder; multiscreen and multiroom connectivity, an application store; and more.
Wyplay’s professional services team creates user experiences that exactly match and complement an operator’s or broadcaster’s product and market strategies. Wyplay is now a strategic partner for such leading brands as as SFR, Vodafone, Belgacom and now Canal+.
To learn more about Wyplay’s set-top box, multi-screen and OTT solutions, please visit http://www.wyplay.com and http://www.FrogByWyplay.com.
Head of Communications
Mobile: +33 621 047 705