The CXO is a role that encompasses and leads a broad portfolio of resources and services fundamental to the patient and family experience.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 19, 2014
Recognizing and supporting a growing role in healthcare organizations, The Beryl Institute releases a new white paper, The Chief Experience Officer – An Emerging & Critical Role. The paper asserts that the role of Chief Experience Officer (CXO) or Senior Patient Experience Leader should be part of an organization’s leadership team and is central to a broader commitment to patient experience excellence.
Through the voices of fifteen senior patient experience leaders, the paper explores the impact and influence of the growing role of CXO. Contributors share how their roles emerged, successes and challenges faced in providing an improved patient and family experience and the value the role brings to an organization.
“Regardless of how organizations arrive at the role of CXO, its impact and influence is clearly growing,” said Jason Wolf, president of The Beryl Institute. “It is a role that encompasses and leads a broad portfolio of resources and services fundamental to the patient and family experience – from advocacy to service and, in some cases, broadening to lead or significantly influence people, quality and safety issues in healthcare.”
Patient experience leaders contributing to the paper include:
- Michael C. Bennick, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Devin C. Carty, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Neil Churchill, NHS England
- Sven O. Gierlinger, Henry Ford Health System
- Pam Guler, Adventist Health System
- Jeannette W. Hodge, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Christine Holt, Holy Redeemer Health System
- Deborah Lasker, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Peggy Niemer, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Tony Padilla, UCLA Health
- Susan Ritter, University of Chicago Medical Center
- Lynn Skoczelas, Sharp HealthCare
- Susan Y. Spencer, Akron General Health System
- Airica Steed, University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
- Paul Westbrook, Inova Health System
To download the white paper, visit http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=PUBLICATIONS.
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice and premier thought leader on improving patient experience in healthcare. The Institute is committed to improving the patient experience by serving as a reliable resource for shared information and proven practices, a dynamic incubator of leading research and new ideas and an interactive connector of leaders and practitioners. The Institute is uniquely positioned to develop and publicize cutting-edge concepts focused on improving the patient experience, touching thousands of healthcare executives and patients.
The Beryl Institute defines the patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.