As educators in states across the country work to align their local school curriculum to the Common Core State Standards, video segments like these...give valuable insight and strategies that educators can replicate in their own classrooms.
Salt Lake City (PRWEB) March 20, 2014
School Improvement Network, the leader in educator effectiveness resources, today announced nine new video segments showing real educators implementing ELA and math Common Core State Standards for grades K-8. The video segments are available to all educators on Common Core 360, a holistic resource for Common Core implementation.
“As educators in states across the country work to align their local school curriculum to the Common Core State Standards, video segments like these of master educators effectively implementing the Common Core give valuable insight and strategies that educators can replicate in their own classrooms,” said Chet D. Linton, CEO and president of School Improvement Network. “If implemented and taught effectively, the Standards have the potential to raise student achievement across the board and help students work towards the skillset they will need to succeed in college or a career.”
The new video segments include the following lessons and Common Core Math and ELA Standards:
- Kindergarten: Identifying Shapes in the Environment, Math Content Standard K.G.B.5 and Math Practice Standards 1 and 5
- Kindergarten: Reinforcing Cardinality Through Student Counting Books, Common Core Math Content Standards K.CC.A.3 & B.4a, and Math Practice Standard 6
- 1st grade: Writing Equations of Fact Families, Common Core Math Content Standards 1.OA. B.3, C.6 & D.7 and Math Practice Standards 2 and 6
- 4th grade: Learning Place Value in the Kingdom of Addingmoor, Common Core Math Content Standard 4.NBT.A.2, Math Practice Standard 5, and Common Core ELA-Literacy Standards RL.4.1 and RL.4.2
- 4th grade: Practicing Place Value in Math Stations, Common Core Math Content Standard 4.NBT.A.2 and Math Practice Standard 5
- 4th grade: Summarizing Fairy Tales, Common Core ELA-Literacy Standards RL.4.1, 2, 5, 6, & 7 and L.4.5
- 4th grade: Story Elements and Reading Stations, with Common Core ELA-Literacy Standards RL.4.3 & 9, RF.4.4a & c
- 8th grade: Writing Additional Scenes to Literary Texts, Common Core ELA-Literacy Standards RL.8.1 & 3, W.8.3a, SL.8.1c
- 8th grade: Role-Play: Taxation Without Representation, Common Core ELA-Literacy Standards SL.8.1 and RH.6-8.2
Common Core 360 walks educators through every step of Common Core implementation, with standard-specific video instruction, downloadable lesson plans, crosswalking tools, a learning progressions guide, a roadmap to the standards, and more.
About School Improvement Network
Founded in 1991 by teachers, School Improvement Network has spent decades researching and documenting the best practices in education. From this research, School Improvement Network has developed the Educator Effectiveness System. This system delivers a process to improve teacher practice and gives educators a set of powerful tools to drive the process. Research shows that districts and schools that use the tools in the Educator Effectiveness System produce better teachers and, as a result, experience dramatic increases in student achievement, driving up student proficiency by an average of 18 percent in single year. School Improvement Network works with thousands of schools and districts in every state and around the world and has visited over 3,500 classrooms to document best practices in action. Learn more at http://www.schoolimprovement.com.
School Improvement Network and its logos are trademarks of School Improvement Network. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.