Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 20, 2014
TotallyHer Media’s theFashionSpot (tFS) (http://www.thefashionspot.com), the web’s largest fashion-focused community and fashion editorial site, announced this month’s Guest Editor: Katie Cassidy, star of the CW’s hit show, Arrow, and founder and creative director of tomboykc.com, a fashion blog for the modern-day woman. She joins a distinguished list of guest editors for theFashionSpot, including Emmy® Award winning co-host of Project Runway, Tim Gunn, renowned makeup artist and entrepreneur Trish McEvoy, singer Alanis Morissette, COO of BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP Lubov Azria, celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez, and supermodels Molly Sims and Josie Maran.
“Personal style is something that I’ve become increasingly passionate about over the years,” said Cassidy. “As a fashion blogger myself, I know the best way to share and explore all different types of style is through an enthusiastic online community—which is why I’m delighted to fulfill the role of tFS Guest Editor.”
Katie Cassidy Weighs In On:
How to Pack Like a Pro:
- “When all else fails, take the Chanel approach to packing and, when you are finished, take out the last outfit you packed.”
- “My biggest trick is to keep all hanging items in a garment bag with thin and light hangers, fold the bag over once and fit it into the bottom of your suitcase.”
- “Investing in a miniature supply of your beauty regime will never be a waste of money and certainly not a waste of time when you can fly through security in one organized swoop.”
- One luxury item I'm dying to splurge on is… “the Trois Jours bag by Fendi.”
- When I'm getting dressed I usually think… “I try not to think. When I think about what I'm going to wear, it's usually a mistake. I like to look accidentally brilliant.”
- When it comes to my family, people would be surprised to learn… “I have three dads… It's complicated.”
Five Must-Haves for Spring:
- “Statement Earrings; It’s time for statement necklaces to take a bow and for big earrings to rise to fame. I am so down to rock a simple tee paired with any sort of show-stopping/sparkly/chunky/huge/oh-my-god earrings.”
- “A Sick Sweatshirt; If you ever read my blog TomboyKC, you know that luxe sweatshirts are kind of my current obsession. I dress them up with jewelry and a skirt or down with skinny and sneaks.”
In addition to her role as Guest Editor, Cassidy recently participated in the new tFS original video series, theFashionDish—a show that brings together fashion industry experts for dinner and rowdy, hilarious and informative conversation.
“Katie has been a dream to work with, and we couldn’t be more pleased with her dedicated efforts on all of our tFS collaborations,” said Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “Between starring in a hit TV series and creating her own popular fashion blog, it’s clear that she’s one stylish star on the rise.”
To check out the exclusive articles from Katie Cassidy please visit: http://www.thefashionspot.com/author/katie-cassidy/.
About Katie Cassidy
Best known for her role on the new CW series Arrow, Katie Cassidy is rapidly emerging as one of Hollywood’s most engaging young actresses. No stranger to film and television, Cassidy’s other credits include Gossip Girl, Melrose Place andSupernatural. Katie is also the founder and creative director of tomboykc.com, a fashion blog for the modern-day woman. In addition to serving as guest editor of theFashionSpot, Katie also appears in our first-ever Fashion Week roundtable original series: theFashionDish.
Originating in July 2001, theFashionSpot (http://www.theFashionSpot.com) made a name for itself as an invitation-only community of designers, stylists and fashionistas that dissected designer collections, celebrating some and skewering others. Building on the largest fashion-focused community on the web, theFashionSpot.com has grown into a respected fashion editorial site with a strong and active community element. TheFashionSpot’s portfolio of sites currently reaches nearly 2 million unique visitors (comScore, July 2013), with close to 70,000 invitation-only members playing an active role in the site’s forum. It is that in-market participation and authenticity that makes theFashionSpot.com the largest community of fashion influencers online. In 2012 theFashionSpot was recognized by MediaPost’s OMMA Awards for website excellence in fashion and beauty. Recent brand advertisers include Macy’s, Tresemme, Anne Klein, P&G, Kraft, Coach, Revlon, Weight Watchers, and more. theFashionSpot is part of TotallyHer, an Evolve Media (http://www.evolvemediallc.com) company.
For More Information:
Director of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8250
Manager of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263