“Throughout ‘herstory,’ women have gathered to exchange experiences and communed to learn and grow together. Momtastic is the modern-day version of this beautiful tradition, and I’m honored to be guest editor of this month’s conversations.”
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 24, 2014
TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today March’s Guest Editor: Josie Maran, founder and Chief Empowerment Officer of Josie Maran Cosmetics as well as wife and mother of two growing girls. Josie, having previously been the guest editor for TH’s theFashionSpot, shares her mommy life lessons, why her family lives a green lifestyle, and balancing a successful beauty line while being a mother. Josie joins a distinguished list of guest editors from Momtastic, including Christina Applegate, Kristin Davis, and Tia Mowry.
“Throughout ‘herstory,’ women have gathered to exchange experiences and communed to learn and grow together—whether it was scrubbing clothes at the river, cooking over a fire or stitching quilts together at a quilting bee. Momtastic is the modern-day version of this beautiful tradition, and I’m honored to be guest editor of this month’s conversations.”
Noteworthy quotes from Josie’s Momtastic blogs:
From ‘Josie Fills Us In’
- “Mealtime in your house is… always fun, because Rumi loves to run to her little vegetable garden to pick something for the meal, and Indi sits at the table with a big smile on her face, waiting for Rumi to come back with a strawberry or a grape.”
- “The one trait you hope your girls don’t inherit from you…is being impulsive! I can be just the tiniest bit impulsive.”
- “To beat the crazy morning rush, you… don’t try to beat it—I join it, by joining my daughters for a 7-minute workout on our living room floor.”
From “5 Life Lessons I’ve Learned From Being a Mom”
- “What you choose shapes your life. I see everything in my life as a choice. When I realized that becoming a mother was a profound choice that I had the power to make, I committed myself to seeing life as a sculpting class. I’ve learned to treat every moment, every thought, as if I’m a sculptor shaping my dreams into reality.”
- “Mother-love is empowering. Each time I was pregnant with my daughters, I felt I was connected to the whole history of womankind, going way back through the ages. I was so full of joy, so full of love, so full of power. Motherhood inspires me every day to make the world better for women—which is the best way to make the world better for all.”
- “Human beings are born, not made. I used to be believe that a child was entirely shaped by her childhood and circumstances. I still think you can affect a child’s behavior and attitudes, but now that I have two daughters I see that both of them came into the world as their own unique little souls. Giving them lots of love and support helps them to be happier and healthier, but they’re very different from each other and from everyone else. We’re all snowflakes!”
“Having Josie give her beauty and fashion insight previously on theFashionSpot and now sharing her parenting experience on Momtastic shows her appeal to the entire TotallyHer community,” stated Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “She talks openly and honestly about her life as a mother and as a business owner, bringing her spirited voice and warmth to our visitors.”
To read all from Josie Maran, visit http://www.momtastic.com/author/jmaran/.
Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 6 million moms (January 2014, comScore) each month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering inspiration for everyday life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom communities, blogs, and premium content publishing and now brings in 40 million page views per month (January 2014, comScore). Momtastic covers all the subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to Pregnancy, Parenting, Food, Health, Style, Shopping, Life, and Entertainment. Momtastic speaks with moms, offering a supportive, honest, entertaining and real voice across all the topics they care about.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.
For More Information:
Director of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8250
Manager of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263