Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 28, 2014
Although effective oncology management has been a high priority for payers for many years, recent developments in U.S. health care are presenting new opportunities for health plans. Some are working with oncologists to implement pathways programs to support the application of the most clinically effective and cost-efficient treatments. Accountable care organizations and patient-centered medical homes also are changing cancer care. In the April 9 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), “Oncology Management: The Aetna Experience in Personalized, Value-Based Care,” participants will hear the specifics of Aetna Inc.’s experiences in oncology management, including how payers can help oncologists offer more personalized cancer care that can improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
During 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will hear from two top clinical/oncology leaders from Aetna, Ira M. Klein, MD, MBA, FACP, and Michael Kolodziej, MD. They will provide valuable perspectives on these and related issues:
- How can oncology patient-centered medical homes help oncologists align personalized care, produce quality outcomes and lower costs using a metrics-driven approach?
- What is the next phase of pathways program availability and adoption for practices?
- How can payers manage the world of genomic testing — its costs, impacts and relationship to new drug utilization and the development pipeline?
- What is likely to be the impact of accountable care organizations on the practice, pricing and quality of oncology care?
- What are the most encouraging results Aetna has achieved in its efforts to improve oncology outcomes and reduce its costs?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4p15_040914 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.