Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 26, 2014
What: The Capital Area Food Bank’s 11th annual Blue Jeans Ball featuring tastings from the area’s top restaurants, live music by The Elastic Waist Band, live and silent auctions, all to benefit those in the Washington metro area who are at risk of hunger. You can become part of the solution.
Who: Hundreds of the area’s committed leaders and residents coming together to support the effort to end hunger in our community.
- Participating restaurants include: Chef Geoff’s/Lia’s, MeatCrafters, Restaurant Nora, PAUL, Occidental Grill & Seafood, Vidalia and Bistro Bis, Policy Restaurant and Lounge, EPIC Smokehouse, The Palm Restaurant and La Tasca Restaurant. For a complete list of participating restaurants, visit capitalareafoodbank.org/blue-jeans-ball
- Media partners ABC7/WJLA-TV and News Channel 8
- Live entertainment by The Elastic Waist Band and DJ John Jazz
- Nancy Roman, CAFB President & CEO
- CAFB Board of Directors
- Live and silent auctions including vacation get-aways, autographed sports memorabilia, spa packages and much more
When: Sunday, April 13, 2013 ~ 6 pm, cocktails and silent auction; 7 pm, tastings and live auction; 9 - 10 live music and dancing.
Where: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Grand Ballroom
2660 Woodley Road, NW Washington, DC 20008
How: Standing reservation -- $200; Seated reservation -- $300
- Sponsorships are available to individuals or organizations at various levels.
- To purchase a ticket or become an event sponsor, visit capitalareafoodbank.org
Why: Nearly 700,000 residents in the Washington metro area are struggling with hunger, including 200,000 children. According to a study by the Capital Area Food Bank and Feeding America, hunger in the Washington metro area has increased in the last several years by over 25 percent. The Capital Area Food Bank, a member of Feeding America, is the Washington metro area’s largest nonprofit food and nutrition education resource. To learn more, go to http://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/