Taking a few proactive steps will help homeowners alleviate many of their allergy symptoms, as well as, decrease the mold, mildew and dust in a home.
Miami (PRWEB) March 26, 2014
Springtime in South Florida brings increasing daylight, warmer temperatures, and for most homeowners, a time to handle all the spring cleaning responsibilities. From cleaning windows to throwing out clutter, spring is a great time to get homes ready for the year ahead. However, for many Miami homeowners checking the air quality in their homes is a common oversight.
The professionals at All Air of South Dade believe in the importance of maintaining indoor air quality, and recommend taking proactive steps that will decrease the pollutants and allergies that are found in homes.
“In South Florida, we don’t experience really cold winters, but spring is a great time to begin making indoor air improvements in homes,” said Rocco DiBenedetto, owner of All Air of South Dade. “We believe taking a few proactive steps will help homeowners alleviate many of their allergy symptoms, as well as, decrease the mold, mildew and dust in a home.”
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), some of the most common pollutants in homes include chemicals, gases, and living organisms like mold and pets. In fact, tackling these pollutants can be challenging, especially when a home has inadequate ventilation or high temperatures and humidity levels are increased.
To help alleviate the problem, All Air of South Dade offers up these tips and solutions to improve indoor air quality:
- Dust with a damp cloth rather than a feather duster -- and don't forget hard-to-reach areas such as ceiling fans and the top of the refrigerator.
- Keep pets out of the bedroom and off soft furniture.
- Take a look outside and clear leaves, grass, weeds, and other debris that block airflow through the outdoor condensing unit. Debris that collects on the unit can block airflow and reduce efficiency.
- When planning a remodeling or redecorating project opt for hard-surface floors over carpet to simplify cleanup and reduce trapped dirt and pet dander; install blinds rather than curtains to attract less dust, and avoid toxins by using formaldehyde-free cabinetry and zero or low VOC paint; and, add houseplants to help fight air pollution and lend natural beauty.
Homeowners should also hire a professional to service and maintain their air conditioning unit and evaluate their home’s air quality. Types of improvements may include one of the following system additions:
- UV Lamp System – Integrating a UV Lamp system into an existing central air conditioning or heat pump installation can help sterilize germs and mold in the moist environment of your A/C system.
- Humidity Control – Since one of the biggest air quality challenges in Miami is humidity, a dehumidifying addition will help improve humidity in a home year-round.
- Air Purification Solutions – Many Floridians suffer from allergies and asthma, and one of the best ways to alleviate these symptoms is to install an air purification system into a home. A quality air purification system can improve the air quality in a home tremendously.
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Systems - HEPA Systems are an extremely effective solution to filtering air and maintaining indoor air quality. Specialist systems can even incorporate ultraviolet light units that kill off bacteria and viruses to prevent the spread of airborne disease.
These helpful tips and technology can help improve indoor air quality tremendously. Homeowners can learn more about how to improve indoor air quality by visiting http://www.all-air.com. For more information about All Air of South Dade call 786-270-1688.
About All Air of South Dade
All Air of South Dade has been servicing, repairing and replacing air conditioning and refrigeration units around the Miami-Dade area for more than 20 years. The company is an authorized dealer for 22 brands, certified by the state of Florida and North American Technician Excellence. All technicians also receive NATE training and undergo a background check. The family-owned company has earned a good reputation among its customers and the Angie’s List Super Service Award six years in a row. For more information, visit http://www.all-air.com or call 786-270-1688.