Chelmsford, MA (PRWEB) March 26, 2014
World Backup Day will be on March 31. World Backup Day was first introduced in March 2012 to inspire the public to make regular backups of their data and files. Today, more than ever, data loss occurs when it is least expected - whether from natural disaster, theft, fire, equipment failure, viruses or user error. Particularly, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are at risk for data loss more than ever.
Various industry researches show alarming facts about the importance of data backup for businesses:
- 96 percent of all business workstations are not being backed up. (Contingency Planning and Strategic Research Corporation)
- 30 percent of small businesses will experience a natural disaster. (NFIB)
- 10 percent of small businesses will experience a major data loss as result of human error. (NFIB)
- 60 percent of companies that lose their data will shut down within six months of the disaster. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
- 93 percent of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50 percent of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
Chuck DeLouis, vice president of product management at Intronis Inc., is available to comment on the importance of data protection and backup, particularly for SMBs. Chuck has more than 30 years of experiences in data protection and security.
Founded in 2003, Intronis is an award-winning provider of cloud backup and disaster recovery solutions for the IT channel, serving more than 1,600 channel partners. Intronis’ partners support over 35,000 SMBs around the country.
Chuck DeLouis is available to offer expert commentary on:
- The importance of data backups
- The benefits of online backup systems
- Data security
- On-demand data recovery
- CryptoLocker virus
- Six data-loss “gremlins” that are a threat to any business: natural disaster, theft, fire, equipment failure, viruses and user error
Available via phone or e-mail.
Intronis is an award-winning provider of world-class cloud backup solutions exclusively for the IT channel. Intronis offers the deepest Exchange and SQL backup on the market, securely protects physical and virtual data with native support for VMware, Hyper-V, and physical system images, and easily integrates with top RMM and PSA tools. Intronis’ complete data protection platform has been field tested by thousands of MSPs and is centrally managed from a single console that can be customized and rebranded. In 2014, the company was recognized as a “Best Channel Vendor” by Business Solutions Magazine and one of the “Top 100 Cloud Computing Vendors” and “Top 20 Coolest Cloud Storage Vendors” by CRN Magazine. Learn more at http://www.intronis.com. To learn more about Data Loss “Gremlins,” visit http://www.intronis.com/gremlins.