San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 26, 2014
My7Lives (M7L), a web platform that connects travelers who seek authentic experiences with locals, today announced the launch of the My7Lives Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign: Adventure Goes Social. M7L allows local people, who possess skills and knowledge that could be a valuable experience for travelers, to sell them on the M7L marketplace. M7L is based on a shared economy-model and travelers from all over the world can buy and enjoy local experiences. My7Lives engaged in the Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for advancing its roadmap for the development of new features and to create an optimum user experience. The campaign begins today and will end May 23, 2014.
“We decided to initiate a group funding project with Indiegogo to raise the remainder of the necessary funds to create enhanced features for the site,” said Giovanni Dell’Acqua, CEO of My7Lives. “The travel industry is evolving and global travelers are now focused on garnering insider knowledge to experience a local lifestyle. Knowledge and experience are two things that can be invaluable for global travelers. We believe that everyone has something to share, everyone is looking for something to learn, and My7Lives is the perfect meeting point.”
Adventure Goes Social: The Campaign
Since March 2013, CEO, Giovanni Dell’Acqua, and CMO, Alfredo De Joannon, along with a team of 11 people, have worked to build the company’s business concept. The site has been designed and created, beta-users have been engaging with M7L as buyers and sellers, experiences have been created and My7Lives has now engaged Indiegogo to raise the remaining $350,000 to help further fund the development of features to enrich the site including but not limited to:
- Creation of a dedicated channel for non-profit organizations, where they can promote their ethical and sustainable experiences
- Advanced dashboard for Sellers (including finance reports)
- Development of a tool to manage a network of sellers that join together in order to offer multiple experiences / services to the buyer (e.g. diving, rafting, accommodations, food)
- Integration with transportation operators to book flights or other forms of transportation
- Search and Map features
- Development of an App (Android, iOS)
- Integration with insurance operators to provide travel insurance
- Tool to estimate the ecological footprint of the experience sold to then calculate the amount of money needed for compensation
- Improve scalability and redundancy of the platform
In exchange for support, M7L is offering different levels of perks including:
- Supporter ($5) – A donation to support the project
- Friend ($15) – Thanks for your support
- Explorer ($25) – Get 25 credits to spend on the site
- Super fan ($50) – Get 50 credits to spend on the site
- Dreamer ($100 - $250) – Get 100 credits to spend on the site
- Libera Terra Non-profit Support ($300+) – Wide selection of gourmet high-end products from Libera. Librea Terra (“Freed Land”) was created with the aim of converting formerly Mafia owned properties for socially beneficial uses
- Art support ($400+) – Original work of art designed for you from a selection of artists
To learn more about the My7Lives Indiegogo campaign and to support M7L, please visit: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/my7lives-adventure-goes-social.
About My7Lives: My7Lives (M7L) is a web platform that connects travelers to share experiences, passions and knowledge with other like-minded people looking for unique, authentic adventures at a reasonable price. For both travelers and experience vendors, it is free to register and become a member on M7L as a buyer, seller, or both. Founded in March 2013, M7L is based on a shared-economy model and allows travelers to buy real-life experiences sold by locals and puts users in control of their adventure, transforming travelers into locals with expert knowledge. For more information, follow M7L on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.