BLOOMINGDALE, Ill. (PRWEB) April 01, 2014
April is Spring Car Care Month, the perfect time to take a look under the hood and have your car thoroughly inspected to prepare for the rest of the year. In many parts of the country, a long and harsh winter has left roads covered in potholes, which can cause tire issues, as well as affect wheels and alignment. Tires are one of the most critical parts of a vehicle to check, as they are the sole point of contact maintained with the road.
Here are five tips from Firestone Complete Auto Care to help drivers keep their cars running newer, longer.
1. Check tire pressure monthly – Tires can lose one psi (pound per square inch) per month under normal conditions. Lower pressure increases heat, which results in tire wear and damage.
2. Rotate and balance tires – Check your owner’s manual for the recommended rotation schedule, usually every 5,000 miles. Have your vehicle’s alignment checked annually.
3. Check the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system – Take your car to an automotive service professional to have your HVAC system checked and serviced for both interior comfort and safety reasons.
4. Remember the filters – Oil, fuel, transmission and air filters are important to keep your engine running well. Check your owner’s manual to read how often they should be changed.
5. Drive smart – Maintain safe driving habits as they affect how long your car will last and can improve fuel economy. Place less stress on your vehicle by avoiding sudden acceleration and braking.
Want to keep track of your maintenance schedule, find inexpensive gas, log your service history, access special offers, schedule an appointment and more? Download the My Firestone App for iPhone and Android.
About Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC:
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO) is headquartered in Bloomingdale, Ill., and owns and operates more than 2,200 tire and automotive service centers across the United States — including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus™, ExpertTire™ and Wheel Works store locations. Credit First National Association and Firestone Complete Fleet Care™ operations are also part of BSRO. BSRO is a member of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.