'This streamlined cloud approach brought to market by Citrix ShareFile and Kloudless gives businesses and users mobile productivity with user ease, all within their email inbox.' -- Eliot Sun, CEO Kloudless
San Francisco, CA and Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) April 02, 2014
Kloudless, the Berkeley-based company that puts cloud storage services everywhere you need them, and Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS), today announced a partnership that integrates ShareFile, a Citrix service, with email inboxes.
Kloudless provides simple, secure cloud access within the email inbox. ShareFile is a secure and easy-to-use file sharing and data storage service where users can easily share, sync and store files.
ShareFile enables users’ mobile workstyles by providing access to critical data on a variety of mobile devices. With Kloudless and ShareFile, users can streamline their email attachment handling process by allowing ShareFile users to easily and securely access files or attachments directly through their email inbox. Kloudless automation rules help users cut their email time by eliminating manual file moves from email to ShareFile. This integration extends the ShareFile cloud functionality to Kloudless users and enables users to:
- Manage email attachments anywhere - Kloudless runs on Chrome and Firefox web browsers within Gmail. Support for the Outlook desktop client is also available. Kloudless now supports Citrix ShareFile in addition to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Barracuda Copy, Egnyte, Bitcasa and SugarSync.
- Share files without limitations - Anything users store and share with ShareFile can be accessed and emailed without the access of file attachments. ShareFile supports files and Kloudless allow users to upload and email files of any size, including 1080p videos and photographs.
- Attachment conversion - Users can turn email attachments into links through either ShareFile’s Microsoft Outlook integration or directly through their email browser with Kloudless. Users can save email inbox space while maintaining the full context of the original email by replacing incoming files with safe, secure links.
- Automation - Users can eliminate manual, repetitive actions by setting rules that allow Kloudless to file attachments into the cloud. Rules can be customized by email sender, recipients and keywords; file name, type and size; or cloud service and folder.
- Business grade security - bank-grade security (256-bit RSA encryption, SSL for all data in transit) protects users’ data as Kloudless processes and transfers the data to the cloud storage locations designated by users. Internal and external firewalls, monitoring systems, intrusion detection systems and a dedicated Ops team handle any system or security issues that may arise. With ShareFile, files are transferred over a secure SSL/TLS connection and are stored at rest with 256-bit encryption. The data centers that host Citrix ShareFile web applications and databases are SSAE 16 accredited, and file storage applications are SSAE 16 and ISO 27001 accredited. ShareFile’s comprehensive security is PCI-DSS compliant for healthcare. Advanced features like access reporting, access controls, remote wipe, poison pill, restriction of modified devices and 3rd party apps, passcode lock give IT administrators complete control over data stored in the cloud.
“For companies to effectively use online file sharing services and maximize productivity, they must work with employees’ mobile workstyles while working within the familiar context of the email inbox,” said Eliot Sun, co-founder and CEO at Kloudless. “This streamlined cloud approach brought to market by Citrix ShareFile and Kloudless gives businesses and users mobile productivity with user ease, all within their email inbox.”
Pricing and Availability
ShareFile support from Kloudless is available immediately. Kloudless is available at no cost, on the web at Kloudless.com (http://www.kloudless.com) and by installing the free Chrome or Firefox extension (http://www.kloudless.com/download). Kloudless users must register with ShareFile to obtain access to the ShareFile service, and can learn more about the four available levels of service (https://www.sharefile.com/industries/business/pricing.aspx).
Kloudless puts cloud storage services everywhere you need them. The company’s products and services are used in more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, such as BBVA, Roche, SoftBank, Twitter and National Geographic. The Kloudless Developer Platform makes it easy for developers to integrate multiple cloud storage services into their apps. Headquartered in Berkeley, CA, the company is backed by prominent investors including Tim Draper, managing director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and David Sacks, founder of Yammer. Download at http://kloudless.com or follow us at http://twitter.com/kloudless and http://facebook.com/kloudless.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in virtualization, networking and cloud services to enable new ways for people to work better. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers to build, manage and secure virtual and mobile workspaces that seamlessly deliver apps, desktops, data and services to anyone, on any device, over any network or cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive with mobile workstyles. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million people globally. Learn more at http://www.citrix.com.