The Cedexis Rader services, and the new upgrades provided with this release, continue to push to provide better tools for cloud performance management.
Portland, Oregon and Paris, France (PRWEB) April 02, 2014
Cedexis, the leading provider of cloud performance benchmarking and Web and mobile application optimization across clouds, data centers and content delivery networks (CDNs), today announced extensive adoption, during the past year, of its Radar crowd-sourced performance benchmarks and Openmix global load balancing. Its successful growth is validated by all critical success metrics – performance benchmarking, customer base, end-user reach, strategic partnerships and editorial reliance on Radar benchmarking data as the de facto standard for cloud, CDN and data center performance.
Cedexis serves 500+ enterprises worldwide, an increase of more than 100% year-to-year. Growth was demonstrated around the globe with major customer additions in the US and Europe, as well as several wins in Asia. Leading global brands using Cedexis include: US accounts: Exponential, Gilead Sciences, LinkedIn, Microsoft Atlas (now Facebook), Mozilla, and Tango.me; Europe accounts: Airbus, Canal+, L'Équipe, Nissan, Volkswagen and Yves Rocher; and Asia accounts: Badoo and Tianji.
The Cedexis Radar community, Cedexis’ crowd-sourced, big-data collaboration, now encompasses 100+ clouds and CDNs, a growth of 100% over one year ago. The Radar community collects performance measurements from over 350 million unique end-user sessions daily, from all parts of the globe. Radar provides independent and objective visibility into the end-user performance provided by their clouds, CDNs and private data centers. It is differentiated by its use of real end user measurements (RUM), from over 350 million end users a day – not virtual or synthetic agents.
Cedexis provides the industry’s most complete and independent view of end-user experiences – inclusive of last-mile ISP service – and is being used widely as the de facto standard for website and mobile app performance measurement. Commercially, companies use Radar to comparatively assess worldwide cloud and CDN performance and availability, to make informed vendor selection and costs-and-performance trade offs as they manage these partners over the long term. Editors and analysts use Radar data to understand performance trends and leverage Radar charts and graphs to help explain Internet performance to their readers. GESTE, a French industry association has adopted Radar data to provide comparative Internet performance information to the French public.
“The ability to gather data on performance will be a continual push in the world of cloud computing. Enterprises need to validate SLAs, as well as monitor the performance of their public clouds. The Cedexis Rader services, and the new upgrades provided with this release, continue to push to provide better tools for cloud performance management,” said David Linthicum, Cloud Computing Analyst at Gigaom Research.
“Content delivery strategies, and the technologies that support those strategies, continue to evolve at a rapid pace. IT professionals want to make data-driven decisions. Editors need to provide concrete data to their readers. Government agencies need to inform the general public. Cedexis Radar continues to evolve to provide real-time performance visibility, based on real end-user measurements (RUM),” said Robert Malnati, VP of Marketing and Business Development for Cedexis.
Recent Cedexis highlights cover four key areas:
1) Cedexis Radar Crowd-sourced Community Growth:
- Over 100+ cloud platforms and 500 global enterprise community participants
- 100% growth (to over 100) in cloud and CDN platforms benchmarked
- 3+ billion end-user performance measurements daily
- 300% growth (to 350+ million) unique end-user sessions measured daily
- 1,000+ private platforms benchmarked
2) French Internet Media Industry Association (GESTE) Adopts Radar for Internet Performance Benchmarking:
- French Media Industry Association GESTE adopts Radar as the platform for the long-term benchmarking of Internet content delivery
- GESTE project includes 20 leading French media companies, including: Le Monde, L'Équipe, Euro News, and 20 Minutes, etc.
- Proactive monitoring of end-user experience -- inclusive of ISPs, CDNs, clouds and media websites
3) Adoption of Cedexis Openmix Global Server Load Balancing for Cloud:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) “Advanced Technology Partner” status upgrade
- Rackspace “Premiere Partner” status award
- Selected by Deutsch Telekom as key Technology Partner
- Juniper Networks SDN Technology Partner Program launch partner
- New cloud monitoring integrations for optimized load balancing: New Relic APM, Catchpoint Monitoring, Rackspace Cloud Monitor and AWS Cloud Watch
- New CDN back-office integrations: MaxCDN, Fastly, Limelight and Tata BitGravity
4) Cloud and CDN Performance Benchmark Expansion:
- Addition of more than 50 cloud regions including Google Compute Engine, Tier 3 (CenturyLink Cloud) and expansions of coverage for Rackspace, AWS and Softlayer (IBM)
- Addition of a new Dynamic Site Acceleration benchmark for comparison of personalized/dynamic application delivery, which is not suited to traditional static-file CDNs
- Updated free benchmark reports on the Cedexis.com website, with new visibility for performance by quartiles and median. New Cedexis Cloud & CDN Performance Benchmark Reports.
“Today’s online content creators need to manage online delivery performance for a global Internet user base that now reaches over two billion people – 30% of the world’s population – and 6.8 billion mobile-cellular subscriptions – almost as many as there are people on the planet,” said Rob Malnati. “Cedexis’ mission is to ‘build a faster Web for everyone in the world’ by helping content providers evaluate, select, configure and optimize their content delivery ecosystems, utilizing data centers, clouds, and/or CDNs. Our growth over the past year demonstrates the value of Cedexis solutions to the IT professionals implementing these architectures.”
Founded in 2009, Cedexis optimizes Web performance across clouds, data centers and content delivery networks (CDNs) for companies that need to ensure 100% availability and extend their reach to new global markets. With Cedexis, companies can comparatively assess worldwide cloud and CDN performance and availability, to make informed vendor selection and costs-and-performance trade offs. Cedexis also provides automation for optimized traffic load balancing across clouds, data centers and CDNs, to dynamically match the best-performing resource with local demand. Cedexis is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and Paris, France with offices in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and London, UK, and sales representatives in Germany, Japan, Israel and Brazil. For additional information, please visit the Cedexis website. http://www.cedexis.com.