(PRWEB) April 16, 2014
The trucking company you choose is a crucial link in successfully getting your products to market. Choosing the wrong one can result in undue delays, drain resources from your core business and erode your profit margins.
So how can you find a trucking company partner that you can continually rely on to pick up and deliver your freight in a timely manner, at reasonable cost, all with minimal effort on your part?
By looking for and identifying a number of critical factors in the trucking companies you are considering, you will maximize your chance of finding the right one.
1. Transportation Services – Not all trucking companies are created equal. To avoid having to find a different partner for different shipping requirements, you should choose a company that offers the range of services that meet your needs now and in the future. The transportation services you might need include:
o FTL (Full-Truckload) and LTL (Less-Than-Truckload) Shipments
o Team Trucking Services
o Vented Dry Van, Flatbed and Curtain Side Shipping Options
2. Transit Times – Getting from point A to point B is one thing, but doing so in a timely manner, consistently and reliably, sets the best trucking companies apart from the rest. Full-service trucking companies with national and international transportation networks are the best option for getting your freight to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Again, don’t just think about your present requirements, but also what your needs might be in the future. Don’t be afraid to ask potential partners for a record of performance.
3. Where the Company is Located – This is a far more important factor than you might think. The closer a shipping company is to your points of origin and destinations, the more able it will be to successfully transport your cargo. Look for companies that have more than one location and a network of affiliates that lets them to get to you, and get your products to market, without delay.
4. Specialty Services – It’s difficult for any company like yours to know what sorts of trucking services it might need at any given time. Your customers are demanding and you need to be demanding of the trucking company you choose. Picking one with a broad range of specialty services means you’ll be ready to deliver no matter what your customers require. Look for a trucking company that offers the following specialized services:
o Reefer Units
o Conestoga/Roll Tite Trailers
o Straight Trucks
o Lift Gate Services
5. Team/Expedited Service – Whether you need it regularly, or only when it’s least expected, reliable expedited transportation services are a ‘must have’ factor in the trucking company you choose. Expedited shipping often means your freight must leave your dock and arrive at its destination virtually without stopping. To meet those requirements, a trucking company must offer reliable team trucking services.
6. Fee Structures – Shipping fees can be made to look good on paper, but be far from it on the bottom line. Make sure the trucking company’s fee structure is clear and free of hidden extras. A real test of the best shipping company would be to ask if they are willing to custom-tailor a fee schedule to suit your needs.
7. Around-the-Clock Availability – This one is easy. A trucking company must be available any time you need them, day or night.
Why You Should Choose Precision Truck Lines – In addition to meeting and exceeding all the factors listed above, Precision Truck lines offers a long list of features and benefits that are simply unmatched by the competition:
We are Precision – it’s what we do … it’s who we are