Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) April 03, 2014
On Monday, a broad array of water professionals from across the country will arrive in the nation’s capital for the inaugural Water Week 2014.
Organized by the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), the Water Environment Federation (WEF), and the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF), with support from national, state, and regional water organizations, Water Week 2014 will bring hundreds of water and wastewater professionals to the nation’s capital to discuss key legislative, regulatory, and legal developments on a broad array of water issues with members of Congress and federal regulators. They will also showcase innovations and new technologies; and celebrate the progress of water professionals in addressing our nation’s water challenges.
The anchor event of Water Week 2014 is NACWA, WEF, and WERF’s jointly hosted National Water Policy Forum & Fly-In, April 7-9, 2014. Featured speakers include EPA Deputy Administrator Bob Perciasepe, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Representative Bob Latta, and more. A full agenda can be found here.
Members of the Press are invited to attend the Forum and Fly-In and other Water Week 2014 events.
WHAT: National Water Policy Forum & Fly-In
WHEN: April 7-9, 2014, in addition to numerous speakers and panels, highlights include:
Tuesday, April 8
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Water Week 2014 Congressional Briefing: Utilities of the Future . . . Engaging Communities, Embracing New Challenges & Ensuring Economic Prosperity, 2253 Rayburn House Office Building
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Water Week 2014 Congressional Reception, 101 Constitution Ave., N.W.
Wednesday, April 9
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm: Water Week 2014 Water Infrastructure & Innovation Expo, Foyer, Rayburn House Office Building
WHERE: Capital Hilton, Washington, D.C.
Please email Claire Moser at cmoser (at) nacwa (dot) org if you are interested in attending the National Water Policy Forum & Fly-In. For more information on Water Week, the National Water Policy Forum & Fly-In, and individual events, visit the Water Week 2014 website.
Water Week Media Contacts
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies: Claire Moser, 202-533-1801, cmoser (at) nacwa (dot) org
- Water Environment Research Foundation: Carrie W. Capuco, 571-384-2097, ccapuco (at) werf (dot) org
- Water Environment Federation: Lori Harrison, 703-216-8565, lharrison (at) wef (dot) org
The Water Environment Research Foundation, a nonprofit organization formed in 1989, is America's leading independent scientific research organization dedicated to wastewater and stormwater issues.