Hudson County, NJ (PRWEB) April 04, 2014
CarePoint Health is pleased to announce the launch of a comprehensive online health library, designed to provide a broad spectrum of health and wellness information, located on its website at http://www.carepointhealth.org. Users simply click on “Library” under the "Health & Wellness" section on the home page to access a robust selection of web based tools and health information ranging from disease, condition, procedural and wellness information, to multimedia, video and interactive tools. The online library is part of CarePoint Health’s ongoing commitment to enhance the health and well being of the people of Hudson County.
CarePoint Health seeks to enhance and optimize the patient experience by connecting people with expert health care information through a user friendly, web-based portal. The new online health library will empower patients and families to stay informed and to take charge of their health and wellness. CarePoint Health anticipates that users from the region and beyond will access the library and avail themselves of the wide range of health topics and tools, including:
- Information on more than 170 common tests and procedures
- Information on more than 12,000 disease and condition topics
- Plans for nutrition and healthy eating
- A drug reference guide that allows users to search for information by “pill identifiers” such as shape, marking, color and taste
- Interactive quizzes, calculators and risk assessments that engage consumers in their own health management, i.e., a body mass index (BMI) calculator, a calorie burn rate calculator and a heart quiz for women
- Daily features including the latest health news and a “health tip of the day”
- Health content directed to men, women, parents and older adults
- Health management information covering topics such as blood pressure, smoking, stress, weight and mental health
- Tactics for managing health conditions including asthma, healthy pregnancy, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and chronic pulmonary disease
The new health and wellness content is produced to CarePoint Health by Krames StayWell, the leader in consumer health engagement solutions. All content on the site is gathered by Krames StayWell editors and health care specialists with the goal of providing top-quality health information to the general public.
For more information about the Online Health Library, contact:
Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations
About CarePoint Health
CarePoint Health brings quality, patient-focused health care to Hudson County. Combining the resources of three area hospitals - Bayonne Medical Center, Christ Hospital in Jersey City, and Hoboken University Medical Center - CarePoint Health provides a new approach to deliver health care that puts the patient front and center. We leverage a network of top doctors, nurses and other medical professionals whose expertise and attentiveness work together to provide complete coordination of care, from the doctor’s office to the hospital to the home. Patients benefit from the expertise and capabilities of a broad network of leading specialists and specialized technology. And at CarePoint Health, all of our medical professionals emphasize preventive medicine and focus on educating patients to make healthy life choices. For more information on our facilities, partners and services, visit our website, http://www.carepointhealth.org.