New York, NY (PRWEB) April 08, 2014
Designed specifically for communications and marketing professionals, PR News will host the upcoming crisis management webinar “Online Crisis Management Plans: From Development to Execution” on April 11, 2014 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. ET. At this webinar, a panel of communications experts will teach you how to develop a plan that fits your business, using social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter as your first lines of communication in a crisis, and assessing and repairing the damage.
More information is available at: http://www.prnewsonline.com/webinars/04-11-2014.
Speakers at this April 11 webinar include Cynthia Martinez, director, global corporate communications for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.; Patrick Kerley, senior director, Burson Digital for Burson-Marstellar; and Mary Humphreys, communications manager for Skanska. To register for this webinar, visit: http://www.prnewsonline.com/webinars/04-11-2014.
Attendees will leave this 90-minute webinar with the know-how to:
- Anticipate the types of crises that can befall your brand and create a framework for response
- Coach spokespeople and company executives to handle difficult media questions
- Monitor social media channels for potentially damaging news and commentary
- Craft a core message that is communicated to all social media channels
- Ensure that internal and external communications are consistent
- Create a response team that can implement your plan at the necessary time
- Choose an effective spokesperson to be the public face of your crisis management efforts
- Assess the situation to determine the threat level to your brand's reputation
- Engage negative commenters on social media
- Employ measurement tactics to assess the impact of your crisis management efforts
- Develop a post-crisis communications strategy to repair the damage
Years of work in building brand reputation can be undone in a matter of moments on social media. The damage that can be inflicted by a crisis can bring down an executive or an entire company. The key to mitigating that damage is to have a plan in place before the crisis even happens. Join PR News for a webinar that will emphasize the value of having a crisis management plan in place, how to create one and how to use it when the unthinkable happens.
For more information or to register online, visit http://www.prnewsonline.com/webinars/04-11-2014.
The registration rate is per office location and come with a full year of online access to the on-demand version. There are also CDs available for purchase. For registration questions regarding this webinar, contact Kristina McHale at kmchale(at)accessintel(dot)com.
PR News is a daily intellectual hub that serves the communications and marketing community at corporations, agencies and nonprofits. The PR News Group focuses on honing and growing PR practitioners’ skills in social media, crisis management, digital PR, measurement, employee relations, media training, CSR and writing through its flagship newsletter, webinars, conferences, awards programs, workshops and guidebooks. With the launch of its weekly newsletter over 70 years ago, PR News has remained dedicated to supporting the growth of communicators all while keeping them abreast of the latest news affecting the industry. For more information, please visit http://www.prnewsonline.com.