Arlington, TX (PRWEB) April 10, 2014
American Mensa members selected their top 10 national parks in conjunction with National Park Week. The week-long event is April 19 – April 27 and includes fee-free entrance days on Saturday, April 19, and Sunday, April 20.
The No. 1 pick overall was Grand Canyon National Park. Participating members cited several reasons for their choice, including, “For (its) sheer majesty, there is nothing like the Grand Canyon. The park amenities allow for a great experience for all budgets while minimizing human impact to the area,” and “The Grand Canyon is the natural landscape that people think of when they think of the United States.”
Here are the top 10 National parks as selected by Mensa members:
1. Grand Canyon National Park (Arizona)
2. Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)
3. Yosemite National Park (California)
4. Statue of Liberty National Monument (New York)
5. Blue Ridge Parkway (North Carolina)
6. Lincoln Memorial (Washington D.C.)
7. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tennessee)
8. Zion National Park (Utah)
9. Cape Cod National Seashore (Massachusetts)
10. Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)
Participating Mensa members chose their top 10 from a list of the 30 most visited national parks. To view the full infographic, visit us.mensa.org/topten.
American Mensa is an organization open to anyone who scores in the top 2 percent on an accepted, standardized intelligence test. Mensa has more than 56,000 members in the United States and more than 110,000 members globally. For more information about Mensa, visit us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.
For more information:
Victoria Liguez: 817/607-0060 ext. 5542
victorial (at) americanmensa (dot) org
John McGill: 817/607-0060 ext. 5541
johnm (at) americanmensa (dot) org