“Since we launched the program, an influx of stellar companies have utilized our SDK and joined the NewTek Developer Network to reach our worldwide customers with their integrated products," said Michael Kornet, NewTek's EVP, Business Development
LAS VEGAS (PRWEB) April 07, 2014
NewTek today announced the addition of 22 new customer workflows into the NewTek Developer Network. The rapidly growing program now offers 57 innovative and seamlessly integrated workflows for TriCaster and 3Play users, extending significant time-and cost-savings efficiencies to anyone using NewTek live production tools.
“Our vision for building an ecosystem around our industry-standard live and sports production systems is simple: create a platform where users benefit through greater choice, capability, quality, ease and value,” said Michael Kornet, executive vice president of Business Development at NewTek. “Since we launched the program, an influx of stellar companies have utilized our SDK and joined the NewTek Developer Network to reach our worldwide customers with their integrated products. The expansion of the program reinforces our vision that building an open ecosystem of developer products is bigger than our product line, it’s ultimately about giving our customers absolutely the best tools in the industry for their needs with ability for them to grow and grow.”
Gerhard Lang, chief engineering officer at Vizrt commented, “We are very excited about integrating Vizrt graphics with TriCaster and expanding the number of broadcasters who have Vizrt’s world-class graphics capabilities at their fingertips. TriCaster is clearly the catalyst of making professional broadcasting accessible to organizations that otherwise could not afford traditional broadcast equipment. Now NewTek customers can add state-of-the-art Vizrt graphics to their workflow with ease.”
New Workflows, New Developers
The NewTek Developer Network, which already includes industry veterans such as AJA, Avid, ChyronHego and NewsMaker includes a wide range of products that work directly with TriCaster and 3Play in several different workflow categories—streaming, graphics, content, automation & controllers, and media asset management & storage.
Jess Hartmann, CEO of ProMAX said, “The combination of NewTek TriCaster and 3Play solutions with a shared storage system like ProMAX Platform allows for virtually unlimited content recording time and greatly improved collaboration for NewTek customers. The ability to directly record multiple streams simultaneously to a Platform Server while at the same time playing back content from that server, open up endless possibilities for dynamic content sharing and collaborative workflows that simply did not exist before.”
Companies in the NewTek Developer Network unveiling products and workflows at NAB 2014 include:
Storage & Media Asset Management
- EditShare—XStream, Energy and Field Shared Storage—Integrating EditShare shared storage solutions with TriCaster and 3Play gives users a well-integrated live production and shared storage platform with extensive media asset management and archiving capabilities. EditShare’s powerful Flow media asset management layer controls NewTek content from capture to post-event production and back to playout. And when coupled with EditShare Ark, Flow provides total control over nearline and offline backup and archiving to spinning disks and/or LTO tapes.
- ProMAX—ProMAX Platform Series—Now TriCaster and 3Play can directly record multiple streams to the Platform Shared Storage System, extending total recording time and storage capacity. This integration enables users of TriCaster to store up to 256TB of content per Platform server node and simultaneously playback that media through the TriCaster. All users and devices on your IP network can quickly search and preview the shared content enabling a more efficient and collaborative workflow.
- Studio Network Solutions SNS—EVO Shared Storage System—TriCaster and 3Play content can be centrally stored and immediately accessed for easier editing, searching, and previewing. EVO includes native, easy to use asset management, project, bin, media & cloud sharing tools. In a live production, users can simultaneously capture up to 8 camera ISOs directly to EVO, while playing back GFX and DDR content such as stills, clips and audio from EVO without limiting other network sources such as iVGA, Airplay, LiveText or other IP based solutions.
- VITEC—Proxsys TC Archiver—Archive Solution for TriCaster using cost-effective and reliable long term archiving on LTO5/6 data tapes fully integrated into the TriCaster UI.
- AGF Multimedia—CharacterWorks—A character generator and motion graphics application based on a state-of-the-art, real-time, multi-core, GPU-based, Full-HD, true 3D rendering engine. TriCaster customers are able to edit and trigger playback of graphics elements from TriCaster. Integration to TriCaster is through the network. It supports playing full-HD image sequences, displaying dynamic text with embedded animations and data from shared external sources in real-time, all in an affordable, integrated package.
- Brainstorm Multimedia—Real-time 3D graphics and virtual set solutions—Integration provides NewTek customers with access to Brainstorm’s on-air 3D graphics and virtual studio applications including Aston 3D, a graphics creation, CG and playout application that connects to TriCaster through the IP network.
- ClassX—ContentPlayout––NewTek customers will be able to create their media playlist and synchronize graphics and data with the ease of a modern and innovative user interface. The product works as a plugin inside of the ClassX LiveBoard family, so it can be run in multiple instances with no limits. Its graphics automation completely integrates with TriCaster through the IP network.
- FingerWorks—Telestrator Version 5––Brings live telestration to NewTek TriCaster and 3Play. Video input over network eases setup and simplifies workflow for great looking telestrations at an affordable price.
- Graphics Outfitters––Sketch iVGA––Sketch iVGA is touchscreen menu driven telestration application that connects to TriCaster and 3Play through the IP network.
- LiveXpert––LiveCG Broadcast––LiveCG Broadcast is a multi-layer character and graphics generator for TriCaster and 3Play. It integrates through iVGA so it will extend the production's content quality without using the external video inputs of the TriCaster for fill and key. LiveCG Broadcast provides dynamic data entries to TriCaster to easily broadcast SMS, RSS feeds and messages from Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Marex Broadcast Systems—Virgo Open Video Ecosystems—Marex has extended the benefits of Virgo Open Video Ecosystem by adding direct support for the NewTek TriCaster. OEM clients can now seamlessly integrate their broadcast applications to directly send or receive video over the network from TriCaster.
- Media5 SRL—Video5 NET IP Server—Video 5 NET IP Server proves TriCaster users with all of the emission information and controls needed to ensure maximum control and efficiency in manual or automatic operation or combination of both and integrates with TriCaster through the IP network.
- Media5 SRL–Smart Server NET IP–Smart Server NET IP is a “channel in a box” that incorporates server functions plus the ability to emit up to 3 graphics layers and integrates with TriCaster through the IP network.
- ONTrack Media and Entertainment––VIPRace Graphics––A comprehensive and industry-leading horse and dog racing broadcast graphics solution for racetracks that connects to TriCaster over the IP network.
- Sportzcast—LiveSportzCG—A Universal Scoreboard Interface with an enhanced scoring workflow that integrates with TriCaster through the cloud and allows for live, totally automated and customized scoreboard graphics insertion.
- Vizrt—Viz Engine and Viz Trio—Vizrt produces an IP-stream recognized automatically by TriCaster as a source for graphics overlay. Viz Trio, Vizrt’s character generator is included in the package as a single- box solution and includes an animated preview, bundled with Viz Engine. A second package includes Viz Trio on a HP ZBook, with still preview to create an ultra-portable graphics and video production solution for mobile production trucks.
- Gnural Net—GNURON and LiveToAirTM plugged into SkypeTM—Producers can easily integrate up to four SkypeTM-connected guests into their productions with Gnuron and LiveToAir plugged into SkypeTM– an HD-SDI based appliance, running a sophisticated application built on the native-Skype API, with a feature set and interface optimized for live production environments.
- Mushroom Networks––Streamer––A 3G/4G wireless bonding device that plugs directly into TriCaster through an Ethernet connection to stream broadcast quality live video from remote and challenging locations using up to 8 3G/4G cellular data cards.
- Wowza® Media Systems—Wowza Streaming EngineTM—Robust, customizable, and scalable server software that powers reliable streaming of high-quality video to any device, anywhere. Through deeper integration, customers can easily incorporate Wowza Streaming Engine together with TriCaster to create an end-to-end streaming solution.
Automation & Controllers
- AP ENPS––AP ENPS––The most installed news production system in the world now integrates with TriCaster and NewsMaker Systems. Customers can control the video, audio, graphics and textual elements of a newscast via the simple cost effective workflow that the combined systems bring to production.
- Lanlink Digital Broadcast––Lanlink SHOUTTM––A sequential host operated USB trigger. With SHOUT, the television host or presenter can control all functions of the TriCaster from a small wireless remote control using the TriCaster macros feature such as showing graphics, playing a video clip, switching cameras and more. The main unit connects to the TriCaster via USB.
- Lanlink Digital Broadcast—Lanlink MIDIoutTM—This plugin enables external control of connected MIDI devices directly from within TriCaster using macros. With MIDIout, TriCaster will control audio samplers, synthesizers, audio mixers, lighting desks and more.
NewTek Developer Network Companies in Action at NAB StudioXperience
NewTek is one of four market leaders––including Intel, Dell, and HP––highlighted in the NAB Show StudioXperience Technology Showcase and Live Broadcast Studio at NAB Show 2014, (SU621). NewTek TriCaster and 3Play integrated workflows will be on display in the “NewTek Zone” featuring products from six NewTek Developer Network companies including FingerWorks, LiveXpert, NewsMaker, ProMAX, Sportzcast, and youngmonkey.
Produced by Waskul Entertainment, the NAB Show StudioXperience will also serve as the main NAB Show broadcast studio and live performance venue streaming official NAB Show content at http://www.NABShow.com and http://www.Waskul.tv using TriCaster as its main production hub.
Click here for the full schedule of NAB Show StudioXperience live interviews, which includes NewTek CTO Dr. Andrew Cross, Geekbeat.TV host Cali Lewis and Livid Lobster CEO, John P.
To learn more about the NewTek Developer Network and its SDK program, visit newtek.com/solutions/newtek-developer-network.html.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
Clients include: “The X Factor,” New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: http://www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.
- NewTek, TriCaster and 3Play are trademarks of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.