Increasing demand for fluorotelomers in textiles as replacement to harmful fluorocarbons expected to drive demand
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 07, 2014
The global market for fluorotelomers is expected to reach USD 539.3 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased use of fluorotelomers in fire fighting foams and textiles is expected to drive demand over the next six years. The market is still in the nascent stage and is expected to gain significant share over the forecast period on account of substitution of other flurocarbons.
These products are preferred on account of their non toxic nature and the fact that they do not bio-accumulate in animals. Fluorotelomer alcohols such as TEOH-4 and TEOH-6 were the largest consumed product segment in 2013 and accounted for over 30% of global consumption. Fluorotelomer iodide is expected to be the fastest growing product segment at an estimated CAGR of 13.1% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Fluorotelomers Market Analysis and Segment Forecast To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorotelomers-market
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/330.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global fluorotelomers demand is expected to reach 47,492.4 tons by 2020 growing at a CAGR of 12.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Textiles were the largest application market, accounting for over 34% of the global fluorotelomer consumption in 2013. The segment is also expected to witness fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 13.6% from 2014 to 2020 on account of enhanced demand from end-use industries.
- Fire fighting foams and food packaging were key application segments, together generating revenue in excess of USD 130 million in 2013. Fire fighting foams are increasingly being used owing to the strict construction norms in most emerging economies.
- Asia Pacific was the most dominant regional market accounting for over 46% of global consumption in 2013. The presence of application industries such as textiles is expected to help the region maintain dominant position over the next six years.
Direct link for request sample of this report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/330
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global fluorotelomers market on the basis of application, product and region:
- Fluorotelomer Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Fire Fighting Foams
• Food Packaging
• Stain Resistants
- Fluorotelomer Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Fluorotelomer Alcohol
• Fluorotelomer Acrylate
• Fluorotelomer Iodide
- Fluorotelomer Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Specialty Polymers Market Research Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-bio-based-and-water-soluble-polymers.
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Geotextiles Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/geotextiles-industry) The global market for Geotextiles is expected to reach USD 8.24 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased focus on geotextiles and its applications in roadways and erosion prevention is expected to be a key driver for the growth of the market. In addition, growing regulatory support in emerging countries including India, China, UAE and Brazil is also expected to augment the demand for geotextiles over the forecast period. Road construction and erosion control were the largest applications of geotextiles together accounting for over 60% of global demand in 2013.
Fluorochemical Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorochemical-market) The global fluorochemicals market is expected to reach USD 24.99 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Positive demand outlook from key application markets such as refrigeration, HVAC, aluminum , steel and electronic consumables is expected to drive fluorochemical sales over the next six years. The gradual recovery of automotive industry, especially in Asia and increasing application scope for PTFE in chemical processing, construction, electronics, automotive, cookware and medical is also expected to drive fluorochemical demand over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519