This will be a game changer for the insurance ecosystem.
(PRWEB) April 08, 2014
This will be a game changer for the insurance ecosystem, and as with every new business model and technology, industry players must have a concrete vision of how the model works and how best to exploit it. During research for the Insurance Telematics Report 2014 Edition, Telematics Update conducted an industry wide survey of 300+ senior-level insurance and telematics execs, and interviewed 30+ industry pioneers such as Ford, Vodafone, Wunelli and A.T. Kearney, to get their expert insight on which changes have influenced the thinking of the insurance industry when it comes to business models and the potential benefits of UBI for both insurers and the insured.
Simon Ralph, CEO at Telematicus has reviewed this newly released report: "The 2014 Insurance Telematics Report provides good insight into the evolving world of insurance telematics, taking the discussion beyond the relative merits of telematics devices and technology to the different insurance propositions and the importance of data analytics."
A complimentary extract is available to download on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-report/download-report-extract.php.
Telematics Update’s brand new and concise 80+ page report for 2014 gives insurers and telematics companies a solid overview of the milestones that helped shape UBI in 2013 and discusses what to expect from 2014 and beyond. It includes the following topics:
- Understand UBI and how it can change your business: Learn about the benefits of Pay As You Drive (PAYD), Pay How You Drive (PHYD) and Manage How You Drive (MHYD), accurate pricing, UBI-enabled claims handling and value-added services to enhance customer experience and stay ahead of competition.
- Understand key market drivers and barriers: Learn about the main drivers of UBI adoption and barriers to entry in the North American and European market. Understand how maturing telematics technologies and advances in portable devices are driving the evolution of UBI from PAYD to MHYD.
- Understand paradigm shifts: Understand the paradigm shift from a race to the bottom on price – using discounts for low-mileage clients and good drivers – to value-added services. Understand UBI as a high-touch business in which customer engagement is considered essential to success.
- Design a winning UBI strategy: Learn how to refine sales strategies to overcome common misconceptions about UBI, keeping in mind that, because UBI involves both a new product and new technology, successful consumer engagement is a vital – perhaps the most important – element in product design.
- Pick a hardware solution to best fit your strategy: Get an in-depth look at smartphone and OBD2 dongle-based programs, and understand the role of professionally installed black boxes, hybrid systems and embedded OEM solutions.
In addition to the survey results, leading senior level execs have been interviewed to construct the most up to date, concise and all-embracing overview of insurance telematics, including insights from Ford, A.T. Kearney, Vodafone, Telit Wireless Solutions, Allianz, Wunelli and many more.
The complimentary report extract is available to download via the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/insurance-report/download-report-extract.php.
Assistant Marketing Manager
+ 44 (0) 207 375 7167
7-9 Fashion Street, E1 6PX, London, United Kingdom
Telematics Update: The Unparalleled Intelligence and Networking Platform that Unites the Telematics Industry
Telematics Update offers unique and incisive news and analysis for the automotive telematics space. Our business know-how includes areas such as Insurance Telematics, Safety, Infotainment, In-Car Content, Navigation, LBS, Fleet Management and Telematics for EVs. Our newsletter, reports and global B2B conferences unite thought-leaders from across the automotive, consumer electronics, mobile, wireless, digital and web industries to drive innovation, build relationships and bring vehicle connectivity to the masses.