Create stunning 4K content of yourself, by yourself.
Las Vegas (NAB) (PRWEB) April 09, 2014
Soloshot Inc, the leader in personal robot cameraman devices, announced their prosumer-focused SOLOSHOT2 Camera Controller accessory at the National Association of Broadcasters annual meeting in Las Vegas, bringing their automated pan/tilt/zoom platform to prosumers and professional content creators for the first time. Professionals and consumers alike can now create brilliant 4K action content of themselves, by themselves, from up to 2,000 feet away without the help of an assistant or cameraman. SOLOSHOT2 puts the action in perspective by automatically keeping the users camera pointed at a lightweight, waterproof and shockproof transmitter worn by the subject. By pairing the SOLOSHOT2 Camera Controller accessory with cameras like the new SONY AX-100 4K camcorder and their VG line of interchangeable lens camcorders, users can simultaneously generate stunning video and photos of themselves or their subject as if they had their own dedicated professional cameraman tracking their every move. The SOLOSHOT2 platform now not only provides the perfect complement to the action camera angle, but is taking the “quantified self” to a whole new level. SOLOSHOT2 prosumer packages will be available for pre-order at http://www.soloshot.com.
The SOLOSHOT2 automatic cameraman platform includes all the new features fans and editors have requested since the company first crowdfunded their category creating SOLOSHOT in 2012 including vertical tracking, camera control for automatic zooming and start/pause recording, a smaller lighter transmitter, compatibility with third party professional tripods, the ability to track multiple subjects at once and compatibility with a variety of cameras including interchangeable lens camcorders and cameras.
The new capabilities will be on display at the Soloshot booth #C1156 in Central Hall. Interested media can also schedule a time to attend the Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix to see the platform in action. To attend the demos off-site RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak with Soloshot at the official NAB booth - C1156 in the Central Hall.
- New vertical tracking +/- 60 degree up to 30 degrees per second.
- Extended range from as close as 15 feet to as far as 2,000 feet while maintaining a tighter shot
- Accessory dock for hardware expansion (examples include golf cart and boat mounting, range booster, head tracking (base mimics the motion of users head), time lapse and touch screen.
- USB port for charging, firmware upgrades, providing power and WiFi accessories for linking smartphones, tablets and other accessories.
- Stronger motors for faster horizontal panning of heavy DSLR cameras up to 80 degrees per second, +/- 360 degrees continuously, while maintaining the exceptionally smooth motion at low speeds.
- Accommodate cameras up to five pounds (including camcorders, DSLRs and smartphones).
- Barrel mode – for continued smooth tracking of surfers even when they are riding deep inside a barreling wave.
Camera Control Modules (for specific camera models):
- For use with certain camcorders, DSLRs and smartphones
- Automatically controls camera’s zoom while tracking.
- Transmitter can be used as a remote to toggle recording on and off while tracking up to 2,000 feet away.
- Highlight command for use during continuous recording (continuous recording ensures you do not miss the unexpected while the highlight command segments the footage for easy editing).
SOLOSHOT2 Networking Modes:
- The networking feature allows users to link multiple units together to create a robotic production crew
- Multiple bases track a single transmitter - capture the action from multiple angles.
- Single base tracks multiple transmitters - base tracks the closest or fastest moving transmitter or whoever sends a "call camera" command from their transmitter.
- Multiple bases track multiple transmitters - great for businesses, teams and events.
- Single base tracks a single transmitter - standard operation still allows multiple systems to be used in same location without interference.
- The networking modes enable friends, teammates and businesses to mix and match SOLOSHOT2 bases and transmitters to film multiple angles and multiple subjects or to increase the coverage area of a track, field or event.
- The multiple accessory ports, networking capability and the ability to control high quality prosumer camcorders make SOLOSHOT2 a true hardware and software platform for internal and crowd development.
“Continuing to evolve the award-winning SOLOSHOT platform is our biggest priority,” stated Chris Boyle, Co-founder and CEO of Soloshot Inc. “We want to change the way perspective video is captured by making it not just easier, but more cost effective for everyone out there to experiment and capture amazing new shots that previously would have been impossible without a full on film crew.”
Today, SOLOSHOT is available in hundreds of stores around the world and has been used to film everything from rugby in London, skating in New York and surf sessions around the world.
SOLOSHOT and SOLOSHOT2 are both designed and manufactured in the USA by the same core team that started the company.
For more information or to purchase, please visit http://www.soloshot.com.
Headquartered in Texas, Soloshot, Inc designs and manufactures its SOLOSHOT line of robotic cameraman products and accessories, a first of its kind platform for the automatic tracking and filming (or photographing) of subjects from up to 2,000 ft away. Through its hands-on design and manufacturing facilities and it’s proprietary hardware, software and processes, Soloshot, Inc gives the filmmaker, photographer or weekend warrior the tools necessary to capture incredible content – letting virtually anyone economically capture professional quality footage of themselves or their subjects doing what they love. The company has more than 30 patents pending or issued. For more information, visit http://www.soloshot.com.