Barnhardt Manufacturing Company Earns USDA Certified Biobased Product Certification and Label for HyDri™ Cotton

HyDri™ Cotton's USDA Biobased Product Label signifies a level of trust that consumers want.

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friendRepost This
This logo/label will allow our HyDri™ cotton to be immediately identified as a USDA certified BioPreferred product.

Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) April 11, 2014

Barnhardt Manufacturing Company has earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label for its HyDri™ Cotton. The USDA Certified Biobased Product Label verifies that the product’s amount of renewable biobased ingredients meets or exceeds levels set by USDA. Biobased products are finished or intermediate materials composed in whole or in significant part of agricultural, forestry, or marine ingredients.

“This logo/label will allow our HyDri™ cotton to be immediately identified as a USDA certified BioPreferred product,” said Chuck Allen, Director of Product Development at Barnhardt.

All biobased amount claims are verified by independent labs and monitored by the USDA. Consumers may feel secure in the accuracy of the biobased amount and be empowered in making better informed purchasing decisions.

"We are proud that Barnhardt Manufacturing Company has earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label," said Ron Buckhalt, USDA BioPreferred Program Manager. "Biobased products add value to renewable agriculture commodities, create jobs in rural communities and help our nation decrease its reliance on foreign-sourced and non-renewable petroleum."

The label is to be on certified products and has been available for consumers since February 1, 2014. Our product was certified to 94% Biobased with the remaining 6% being fossil carbon.

HiDri Fiber Featured at Index
The HyDri™ fiber is the featured fiber in the Barnhardt booth at the INDEX Nonwovens Exposition in Geneva, Switzerland (April 8-10, 2014). HyDri was introduced last April at the IDEA Conference in Miami last year. HyDri™ is a new hydrophobic purified cotton that is has the whiteness and other properties of standard bleached cotton but is not absorbent. The fiber has gained tremendous momentum as the newest alternative to extruded films or spunbond fabrics for topsheet material in hygiene products. HyDri™ is a beautiful, esthetically pleasing white cotton that is 100% natural AND environmentally friendly. Cotton is a consumer favorite.

About USDA BioPreferred
The USDA BioPreferred program was created by the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 (2002 Farm Bill), and expanded by the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (2008 Farm Bill). The purpose is to increase the purchase and use of biobased products. The United States Department of Agriculture manages the program. Products that meet the USDA BioPreferred program requirements carry a distinctive label for easier identification by the consumer. To learn more about the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label please visit http://www.biopreferred.gov, and follow on Twitter at http://twitter.com/BioPreferred.