Plattsburgh, NY (PRWEB) April 12, 2014
This year, journey to the Adirondack Coast, experience the breathtaking views and enjoy family-friendly events and festivals in a spectacular setting. From reenactments that make history come alive and events that offer opportunities for new family traditions, to outdoor activities that are sure to deliver the thrill of competition, the Adirondack Coast offers an array of festivals and events taking place throughout the year including:
- Plattsburgh Half Marathon – April 27 at the City of Plattsburgh Oval. The 5th Annual Plattsburgh Half Marathon travels 13.1 miles through the beautiful city of Plattsburgh. After participant’s finish the race they can join the after-party with food, live music and prizes.
- Biggest Loser RunWalk – June 1 in downtown Plattsburgh. The Biggest Loser RunWalk is hosting a Premier Destination race in Plattsburgh. From the first-time runner to the elite athlete, participants are encouraged to get off the couch and hit the pavement with a Half Marathon/5K. After the race, participants, family and friends can celebrate and relax at the post-race concert featuring former "Biggest Loser" contestant and Nashville recording artist, Dan Evans.
- Museum Days – June 7-8 at museums all along the Adirondack Coast. Explore museums on the Adirondack Coast. For this weekend only museums will open their doors and offer free admission to all visitors and feature demonstrations, exhibits, hands-on activities and much more.
- Rulfs Orchard Strawberry Festival – June 28 at Rulfs Orchard. Fun and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy including a strawberry pie eating contest, u-pick strawberries, interactive tours, music, petting zoo and more.
- Mayor’s Cup – July 10-12 in downtown Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh's most time-honored summer tradition on Lake Champlain. The four-day celebration includes the Boat Parade of Lights, 37th Annual Regatta, Live Music, Family Arts & Kid's Activities, and a spectacular Fireworks display.
- Clinton County Fair – July 15-20 at the Clinton County Fairgrounds. The 67th Annual Clinton County Fair brings fun, games and entertainment to the region.
- FLW Everstart Series – July 17-19 at Dock Street Landing. Professional Bass fishermen come to experience world-class fishing on renowned Lake Champlain.
- EVP Beach Volleyball Tournament – July 26 at Plattsburgh City Beach. The EVP Tour has been hosting beach volleyball events since 1994. Enjoy a great day at the beach and experience the thrill as these extremely talented athletes compete.
- Bassmaster Open – July 31-August 2 at Dock Street Landing. Professional Bass fishermen come to experience world-class fishing on renowned Lake Champlain.
- Adirondack Coast Summer Wine Tour – August 9-10 at wineries and cider houses all along the Adirondack Coast. Experience the unique taste of the Adirondack Coast as the Adirondack Coast Wine Trail joins together for this wine tasting and vineyard touring weekend.
- Battle of Plattsburgh Bicentennial Commemoration – September 11-14 in downtown Plattsburgh. A series of events commemorate Plattsburgh’s military history, industry, culture and arts providing visitors a unique look at the War of 1812. Enjoy re-enactments on land and water, old fashioned parade, craft demonstrations, fife and drum performances, concerts and lectures.
- Rockeater Adventure Race – September 20 at Plattsburgh City Beach. Experience 5 kilometers of extreme obstacles, rough terrain, mud and fire that will make participants run for their life. Participants are encouraged to wear a costume adding an extra element of fun with prizes for the best costumes.
- Amazeing Hallowine – September 20 at Country Dreams Farm. Celebrating the spirit of Halloween visitors of all ages are encouraged to come dressed in costume to enjoy all of the festivities “aMAZEing halloWINE” has to offer featuring wine and beer tasting in the corn maze, costume contest, ghost stories around the campfire, entertainment and more.
- Adirondack Coast Wine, Cider and Food Festival – October 11at the Crete Civic Center. This festival is one-of-a-kind to the region, serving up unique local cold climate wines, ciders and farm products from local artisans, all under one roof.
For more information about visiting the Adirondack Coast and upcoming events visit goadirondack.com.