Keller, TX (PRWEB) April 15, 2014
Today, Rep. Giovanni Capriglione announced the date and location of his next town hall forum, a timely discussion on healthcare in Texas: April 24th, 6:30 pm at Keller Middle School (300 College Ave, Keller, TX 76248).
“Even though there has been significant media coverage about the Affordable Care Act and associated health insurance plans, many citizens are still upset, confused and concerned about the state of health care in our county. I look forward to discussing these important issues with the residents of District 98,” said Rep. Capriglione.
The meeting will feature a distinguished panel consisting of U.S. Congressman Michael Burgess, MD; Executive Commissioner of Texas Health and Human Services, Dr. Kyle Janek; Texas Medical Association President Dr. Stephen Brotherton and Dr. Brent Cornelius, DDS.
This forum is free and open to the public and will cover a variety of topics including:
- Initiatives to reduce Medicaid fraud/waste
- The current status of all mandates and a timeline of mandate implementation in the future
- A summary of what businesses and individuals will be facing when the mandates are fully implemented
- Recent "doc fix" legislation
- Texas Medicaid and Medicare payment reform initiatives
- Constitutional issues related to the Affordable Care Act including the current religious liberty case in SCOTUS
- General health care integration/consolidation trends
Rep. Giovanni Capriglione asks that interested parties RSVP to the event by emailing info(at)votegiovanni(dot)com or calling (817) 431-5339.
About Representative Giovanni Capriglione
Rep. Giovanni Capriglione serves the approximately 175,000 residents of Colleyville, Grapevine, Keller, Southlake and Westlake as well as portions of Haslet, North Fort Worth, and Trophy Club. With over 85% of the vote, Rep. Capriglione was first elected in November 2012 and sworn into service January 2013.
During the 83rd Regular Session, Rep. Capriglione fought for the district's core principles: fiscal and social conservative values: Strengthening Texas’ Economy – Pro-Job/Pro-Growth Strategy, No Increase in the Tax Rate, No New Fees, Promoting Pro-Life Policies, Promoting Quality Education, Increasing Transparency of Government, Border Security and Immigration, Protecting the Right to Keep & Bear Arms, and Fighting the Expansion of Obamacare.