Boston and Las Vegas (PRWEB) April 15, 2014
Pearson is teaming up with Zappos Insights, experts in corporate culture development, to host a two-day workshop designed to improve collaboration between industry and higher education. The workshop provides a unique opportunity to engage with market leaders on how departments, business schools, and universities can better prepare students for the world of work. Attendees will learn how to connect industry innovations to higher education, enhance student and program efficiencies, and cultivate a more positive and proactive culture of success at their institution. This will be the first in a series of workshops designed to connect industry innovations to student success, specifically focused on the importance of culture.
WHAT: Innovation Insights 2014 will be held April 24-26, 2014 in Las Vegas
- Begins: April 24th at 6:30 p.m. – Arrival and opening reception
- April 25th – Workshop at Zappos Campus: 400 E Stewart Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89101
- April 26th, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Workshop at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Hotel: 3708 S Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
WHO: Business school and university administrators and educators will walk away with strategies to improve academic outcomes and job readiness, as well as tangible ways to increase success across all areas of their institution.
Featured Keynote Speakers
Keynote Speaker: Jonathan Wolske, Zappos Culture Evangelist
When: Friday, April 25th, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
What: Jon will host an interactive session on the importance of company culture and strategies to incorporate at the classroom and institution levels.
Keynote Speaker: Jonathan Cropper, Founder, Futurlogic
When: Saturday, April 26th, 2014
What: Jon has more than 20 years of experience working in executive marketing and strategy for some of today’s top companies, including Nissan, MTV, and Sean Combs’ collection of companies. Jon brings a unique perspective to building better brand awareness and business development, and will discuss disruptive trends impacting the education industry.
- Katherine von Jan, VP of Innovation, Salesforce.com
- Future Fictions in Education
- Eric Winegardner, VP, Client Adoption, Monster Worldwide
- Preparing for the world of work
- Jamie Fall, VP, Workforce & Talent Sustainability, HR Policy Foundation
- Talent Sustainability: What Large Employers are Saying and Doing About It
- Rachel Gutter, Senior Vice President, Education, USGBC
- New Education Opportunities for a Sustainable Future: A Conversation with The United States Green Building Council
- Dr. Steve Pyser, Assistant Professor, Temple University
- Navigating “New Normal” Trends in Education
- Dr. Ian Timmins, VP of Engineering, Optical Cable Corporation and Dr. Patrick Gardner, Director, Center for Rapid Product Realization, Western Carolina University
- Innovation Insights: Partnerships in Practice: Industry Partnerships with Academia - Preparing Students for Real-World Challenges and Project-Based Learning — Bringing Relevant Industry Challenges into the Classroom
For a full agenda, please visit: http://www.pearsonhighered.com/innovation-insights/business/.
To register to attend, please visit: https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1501813.
Pearson is the world's leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. For more information about Pearson, visit http://www.pearson.com.