Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 16, 2014
On Friday, May 2, the growing college-going movement known as Generation TX (pronounced “Generation Texas”) will once again rally communities to join together on GenTX Day in support of a statewide daylong celebration to inspire students to pursue and achieve a higher education.
This year, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), creators of the Generation Texas movement, have announced a theme called the 2014 GenTX Day PicTour Contest! The fourth annual campaign is designed as a call to action for GenTX Day enthusiasts across Texas to do two things in their communities:
1. Organize a college tour that gives students (especially those seniors undecided about a future path after high school) an interactive, real-world college experience that inspires them to visualize a career goal and take the steps to achieve it; and
2. Capture the defining moments of college-signing decisions made by high school seniors to celebrate each community’s progress.
The GenTX Day PicTour Contest involves several photo contests and prize giveaways for Texas students, higher education institutions, and community organizations who will be doing college tours or college signings as part of the official statewide 2014 GenTX Day theme.
“We are excited and looking forward to seeing what Generation TX enthusiasts come up with for GenTX Day as they unite in support of all students across Texas achieving a higher education,” said Texas Higher Education Commissioner Raymund Paredes. “This year our call to action is to help students make direct and meaningful college connections that give them the guidance and inspiration they need to take the action this spring to become college and career ready.”
HOW CAN YOU CELEBRATE GENTX DAY?
There are many ways to get involved with GenTX Day whether you’re a student, an educator, a college/university, a non-profit, an adult student, or a business. The three 2014 GenTX Day PicTour contests are:
1) College Tour Photo Contest---Send Generation TX your most creative photo while taking a college tour on GenTX Day to be entered in a photo contest. There are five categories to enter:
*Decided Seniors are encouraged to enter the College Signing Photo Contest.
**Colleges/Universities are encouraged to organize college tours that reach undecided students.
2) College Signing Photo Contest---Send Generation TX your most creative photo during your college signing day to be entered in a photo contest for all graduating seniors.
3) College Tour Challenge --- Be the tour team that has the most number of students participating in a college tour(s) on GenTX Day, Friday, May 2.
HOW TO ENTER?
Complete contest guidelines, rules and prize descriptions are available at http://www.GenTX.org.
Contestants must be Texas students, groups, and/or individuals. The contest submission period is from 6 a.m. to midnight (CST) beginning on GenTX Day, Friday, May 2, 2014. No submissions will be accepted after midnight (CST).
Generation TX organizers are also asking students, educators and community supporters to join with thousands of other enthusiasts across Texas in doing these activities on GenTX Day:
About Generation TX
Generation TX is a statewide initiative supported by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board focused on creating a college-going culture across the state. Through GenTX Day, GenTX Week and other seasonal promotions, Generation TX is clarifying the path to college for Texas students and families by providing information on college and career readiness, college application and financial aid in a fresh and engaging manner. For more information, please visit http://www.GenTX.org