NETIKUS.NET’s EventSentry SysAdmin Tools Tackle Essential IT Tasks
New release of free EventSentry SysAdmin Tools provide a vast array of tools for performing essential networking tasks, enhancing the security of systems, performing network monitoring, troubleshooting Windows systems, and resolving file system issues.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 16, 2014
NETIKUS.NET announced the release of EventSentry SysAdmin Tools, a striking overhaul of the company’s critically acclaimed NTToolkit. SysAdmin Tools offers 29 free tools to help IT pros perform essential networking tasks, enhance the security of systems, perform network monitoring, troubleshoot Windows systems, and resolve file system issues. SysAdmin Tools thrives at such tasks as managing stored credentials of services and scheduled tasks, finding alternate data streams, managing passwords on workstations, viewing event log properties, monitoring TCP/IP traffic, verifying database and HTTP connections, and many more.
Among the network tools are:
- fping—A better, lightning-quick way to ping remote hosts, this tool is fully customizable, does not require administrative rights, and supports sound notifications and partial IP addresses.
- IPMon+—This GUI tool shows all TCP, UDP, ICMP, and ARP connection endpoints between the local computer (default) and remote hosts, including the amount of data being transmitted through these connections. IPMon+ is a terrific utility for quick network troubleshooting.
Among the security tools are:
- Password Assistant—This GUI tool lets IT pros update the passwords of user accounts on multiple Windows machines.
- servicesecure—This tool shows all of a system’s services, grouped by service account, and can optionally reset passwords for those service accounts.
- tasksecure—This new tool shows all scheduled tasks, grouped by task account, and optionally resets passwords for service accounts.
Among the monitoring tools are:
- checkdb—This tool verifies a database connection via ODBC, and it supports executing SQL statements.
- perfquery—This tool queries any performance counter or SNMP object identifier and displays the results.
Among the tools specific to the Windows OS are:
- Event Message Browser—This tool shows all available event logs, event sources, and their associated event messages.
- ShutdownTimer—This utility shuts down or reboots a machine after a set timeout is expired, and it supports conditions such as number of open files.
Among the file system tools are:
- dirmon—This tool shows all activity in a (sub)directory in real time.
- purgetemp—This utility deletes all files in a (sub)directory that are older than a configured number of days.
You can download the latest version—version 2.1—for free at http://www.eventsentry.com/sysadmintools. A limited version is also available for Linux, OS X, and FreeBSD systems.
About NETIKUS.NET ltd
Founded in 2002, NETIKUS.NET is a privately owned software company located in Chicago, IL developing both free and commercial software products for IT professionals. NETIKUS.NET ltd can be reached at 1-877-NETIKUS or on the web at http://www.netikus.net.