Telematics Detroit is a great place gauge the state of the connected car and spot trends
(PRWEB) April 17, 2014
Members of the media and press are invited to attend the event, which is set to be held on June 4-5 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan (http://www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit/). Now in its 14th year, Telematics Detroit is the world's largest forum dedicated to the future of connected auto mobility. With over 2000 senior attendees and featuring 100+ industry leading speakers it will address the crucial tech and business questions shaping the telematics industry. Keynote addresses at this year’s conference in 2014 include Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz and Nissan. For the first time, press attendees are also invited to a pre-conference press briefing held the day prior to the conference (June 3), where the Telematics Update editorial team and event directors will introduce and preview the event.
Telematics Detroit event director Gareth Ragg stated, “For the past decade Telematics Detroit has established itself as the event that sets the pace of innovation in the telematics industry. Covering the hottest industry topics from infotainment, big data, the internet of things, insurance telematics and the autonomous car, it offers an unrivalled opportunity for the media to get an understanding of the entire connected car industry in 2014.”
He continued, “This year is set to be a record breaking year with more attendees, speakers and exhibitors than ever before. For the first time we will be hosting the ‘Telematics Detroit Super Panel’. C Level execs from GM, Kia, Panasonic Automotive and Visteon will take to the stage to discuss the future of mobility in our highest profile debate to date. Plus, the event is home to the world’s largest connected car exhibition. With over 100 companies on the expo floor, it is the premier event where industry press can get direct access to major product launches, showcases and demonstrations.”
Register for a Press Pass Here
If you are a member of press and would like to receive a complimentary press pass to attend Telematics Detroit 2014, please click here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit/press-credentials.php
Telematics Detroit 2014 Overview:
Here is a quick summary of what you can expect from Telematics Detroit 2014 Conference & Exhibition.
Speakers in 2014
100+ industry leading voices, both established and disruptive, will take to the stage. They include:
- Johann Jungwirth, President & CEO, Mercedes-Benz R&D
- Phil Abram, Chief Infotainment Officer, General Motors
- Tim Yerdon, Director, Visteon
- Tom Gebhardt, President, Panasonic Automotive Systems America
- Henry Bzeih, Head of Connected Car/CTO, Kia
- Dan Teeter, Director - Vehicle Connected Services, Nissan
- Frank Weith, General Manager Connected Services, Volkswagen Group of America
- Steve Schwinke, Director of App Development, GCC, General Motors
- Thilo Koslowski, VP & Distinguished Analyst - Automotive, Vehicle ICT, Gartner
- Robyn Williams, Senior Manager Connected Services Marketing & Ops, Nissan
- Dave Pratt, General Manager Usage Based Insurance, Progressive Insurance
- John Du, Director - China R&D, General Motors
- Gary Strumolo, Manager, Vehicle Design and Infotronics, R&A, Ford
Key Topics Discussed:
Telematics Detroit 2014 is set to explore the crucial topics that are revolutionizing the telematics industry:
- The Internet of Things Meets the Road: Explore the connected car as a crucial node in the IoT as the cloud’s potential in automotive shines through
- The Future of Advanced Safety: V2X today. Piloted tomorrow. Autonomous…? Embrace intelligent mobility, because the question is no longer if, but when!
- Real-Time Relationship Management: Engage customers with connectivity enabled touch points, from dealers to diagnostics to discounts and create OEM affinity through a seamless user experience
- Turning Bytes into $ Bills: Drinking from the data fire hose can be daunting. Collect, select and analyze telematics data to open up brand new revenue streams
- Tech Giants Want a Piece of the Action! Cross-pollinate Silicon Valley’s out of the box thinking with Detroit’s automotive prowess to complete the total connected lifestyle
New Look for Telematics Detroit 2014
With more exclusive OEM presentations, C-Level speakers and consumers live on stage we have re-invented Telematics Detroit from top to bottom.
- BRAND NEW SUPER-PANEL: Hear from C-level execs in a newly devised hour-long panel tackling the future of the connected car and their visions of how connectivity is changing the ways in which we perceive mobility
- CONNECTIVITY MEGATRENDS IN THE CAR: Look at how initiatives such as mobile health and wearables are infiltrating the car, taking safety and user connected experience to the next level
- LIVE CONSUMER FEEDBACK PANEL: Hear from a panel of real-life consumers on their experiences of buying and owning connected cars; highlighting the trials and tribulations of interfaces, content, safety tools and more
- DISRUPTIVE INNOVATIONS TRACK: Get a snapshot of some hand-picked start-ups whose products could change the way in which we think about vehicle connectivity – each disruptor will have 5 minutes to pitch their innovative ideas to a voting audience!
- MORE OEM KEYONTE PRESENTATIONS: This year we have secured more exclusive presentations from major OEMs than ever before, incl. Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Ford and more will give you first hand access to announcements and automaker connected car visions
Wired said of the show: ‘Telematics Detroit is a great place gauge the state of the connected car and spot trends’
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7589 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7589