Ahern & Associates Releases New Collection of Acquisition Targets for the Second Quarter of 2014
Despite Economic and Industry turmoil Ahern and Associates have announced 15 acquisition targets for the second quarter of 2014.
Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) May 02, 2014
Despite considerable turbulence in the industry over the past year, logistics analysis and truck experts Ahern & Associates have had an extremely successful first quarter of 2014 and have been engaged by many different transport and trucking companies. This week, Ahern & Associates have released their latest acquisition targets for the 2nd quarter of 2014. The acquisition targets are as follows:
1. A private equity firm that is looking to acquire carriers that are specialized bulk haulers that have annual revenues between $5MM - $30MM. The client wishes for the management to stay with the company, is willing to pay a multiple of EBITDA, and can close a normal transaction within 90 days.
- 2. One of the largest providers of supply chain solutions and domestic transportation services, this client is looking for a variety of different companies: small freight brokers with an annual revenue between $3MM - $10MM; TL carriers that utilize independent contractors with an annual revenue between $5MM - $25MM; air/ocean air freight forwarders with an annual revenue of up to $50MM; intermodal carriers with an annual revenue of $50MM that are non-asset based.
- 3. This client is a major transportation company with close connections to the automotive industry. The client is seeking a company truck operation with 60-250 trucks, a good CSA rating, and a strong concentration in the automotive industry. Additionally, the ideal company would be primarily asset-based, have control of their real property facility, and be located in MI, IL, WI, and MO. The client is a strong proponent for safety, and consistently ranks in the top 25% for 5 out of the 7 CSA base categories.
- 4. In business for nearly 4 decades, this client regularly generates revenues in excess of $60MM and is an owned ESOP. The client is seeking companies with 30-100 power units: an average haul length of 500-600 miles, and is asset-based. Uninterested in anything over 700 miles, the client is accepting both profitable and unprofitable companies, and is targeting KY, IN, FL, and GA. With a frequent cycling of equipment, the client is will purchase trailers but not tractors.
- 5. A repeat client of Ahern & Associates, this client is one of the top flatbed carriers in the country and is looking to expand their operations. They seek owner operator driven flatbed carriers with an annual revenue between $10MM-$40MM; the company can be profitable or unprofitable. Furthermore, the management must be willing to stay.
- 6. A well-established transportation company specializing in vans that is looking to expand throughout the U.S. Currently operating about 600 tractors. The client seeks marginally profitable companies that can keep their management on-board. The client wishes to acquire the assets of the business, pay for the customer base, and is willing to move quickly.
- 7. An authoritative trucking company in business for 15 years and operating 450 trucks and is seeking a TL, van, or OTR carrier that operates east of the Mississippi. The ideal company should have an average haul length of 300-400 miles, and have 30-100 trucks. The client has an OTR division with 1-3 year contracts with Toyota, General Motors, and Chrysler, and can close quickly. The ideal location is in Missouri.
- 8. This client is seeking a company with revenues in excess of $75MM, and is willing to pay a multiple of EBIT or EBITDA. The client will acquire the company as a platform company and can acquire a percentage of the stock and business, grow the business, and provide financial/management strength.
- 9. A well-recognized company with an annual revenues exceeding $1billion. The client seeks trucking companies with revenues of $150MM or greater, and is willing to buy 50-60% of the business. They have an established formula which will allow the owner to “exit” the business and the purchase price will be decided with a predetermined formula. The client seeks refrigerated carriers, flatbed carriers (primarily owner operator), van and OTR carriers, and are willing to look at asset or non-asset based businesses.
- 10. Owned by a non-profit organization, this client is an extremely profitable 3PL company. They seek companies with annual revenues of $10MM-$30MM, are profitable, have an excellent staff willing to stay on-board, and have an operating presence in OH, IL, WI, IN, and CA.
- 11. This client has been in business for over 25 years, and is willing to close quickly. The client seeks a refrigerated carrier with an average haul length of 900 miles, operates primarily in TN and KY, and has annual revenues between $3MM-$10MM.
- 12. A regular client of Ahern & Associates with revenues in excess of $300MM annually. Established for over 60 years, the company is primarily non-asset based and is involved with TL, LTL, freight brokerage, intermodal, and van. The client seeks companies that generate $3MM-$40MM in annual revenue, and is willing to look at some company assets. They are only looking for California businesses, and look favorably upon companies with warehousing space which can be consolidated.
- 13. A highly-regarded freight brokerage and logistics company that has a long-standing relationship with Ahern. They can move quickly and wish to acquire freight brokers with annual revenues of $10MM-$150MM. The company must be profitable and the management must be willing to stay. The client is willing to pay a multiple of EBITDA and is involved in TL, LTL, intermodal, expedited, flatbed, and refrigerated. As a highly established company, this client would be an ideal fit for any freight broker or 3rd party logistics provider that needs a strong financial partner.
- 14. This client is seeking to acquire an asset based company, but is willing to consider a non-asset based flatbed broker. The ideal company is a flatbed carrier with $35MM in revenues and growing. The average haul length would be 500 miles, with primary traffic lanes in AL, MS, IN, IL, OH, PA, NJ, TN, and GA.
- 15. In business since 1949, this client is a provider of bulk aggregate materials, and specializes in food, energy, chemical manufacturing, and construction. They are interested in freight brokers with annual revenues of $3MM-$10MM that are located in the Midwest. The client has customer profile that contains Fortune 1000 companies which comprise 80% of their revenue base. They have multiple distribution centers and terminals throughout the country, have multiple year contracts, and place considerable importance in CSA compliance.
Ahern & Associates have helped many of these companies in the past with past acquisitions. Readers knowledge about suitable companies for any of the above clients are encouraged to contact Andy Ahern at (602) 242-1030 or through e-mail at ahern(at)ahern-ltd(dot)com.
Ahern & Associates are a Phoenix-based logistics company that specializes in transportation and trucking logistics consulting. To learn more about Ahern & Associates’ transportation consulting services, visit their website at: http://www.ahern-ltd.com.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. You can follow Ahern and Associates through their industry newsletter The Ahern Advisory for frequent industry updates and advice from the leading minds in trucking and logistics.
For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.ahern-ltd.com.