Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 21, 2014
With its issuance of the two-midnight rule, CMS addressed the problem of numerous medical necessity denials for short inpatient stays. But in its wake, there have been enforcement delays, probe reviews and several rounds of guidance. To limit the enormous risks inherent in this ever-changing regulatory environment, compliance officers need workable strategies that will permit them to comply fully with “two midnights” and preserve all of the reimbursement their hospitals are entitled to. “How to Comply With CMS’s Two-Midnight Rule: Tackling the Operational Challenges,” an upcoming April 30 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will discuss what MACs are finding and what hospitals are doing to comply with CMS’s guidance.
Webinar participants will hear from Ronald Hirsch, M.D., FACP, CHCQM, vice president of the Regulations and Education Group at Accretive Physician Advisory Services at Accretive Health, Inc., and Larry Hegland, M.D., MMM, system medical director for Recovery Audit and Appeal Services at Ministry Health Care. In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will get answers on key issues such as:
- What are the Probe and Educate audits revealing? How should hospitals use this information?
- What is the latest CMS guidance and how does it change hospital compliance strategies?
- What specific strategies should hospitals consider to avoid costly denials of short stay inpatient admissions and high volume/high cost procedures and services?
- What challenges has one group of hospitals faced in its implementation of the rule? What have they done to address these challenges?
- What tactics are proving to be most effective in educating physicians and staff on the realities of two midnights?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4c17_043014 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.