Kimbia Racing provides a flexible solution that meets our current and future needs while enabling us to take the user experience, whether racing, volunteering, fundraising or all three, to the next level.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 22, 2014
Today, Kimbia Racing announced the Charleston Marathon chose the company’s Race Registration solution to provide their participants with a superior experience. Registration kicks off this month for the 5th annual event that raises funds for The Youth Endowment for the Arts (YEA) and is scheduled for Saturday, January 17, 2015. Showcasing the beauty and the history of the Lowcountry, this scenic 26.2-mile run starts in downtown Charleston and ends in North Charleston.
“Participation in our weekend race festival has grown significantly over the past four years, thus antiquating a standard registration template,” said Liz Alford, Executive Director of the Charleston Marathon. “Kimbia Racing provides a flexible solution that meets our current and future needs while enabling us to take the user experience, whether racing, volunteering, fundraising or all three, to the next level.”
“We are excited to partner with the Charleston Marathon,” said Simon Essl, General Manager, Kimbia Racing. “It’s great to see a young and rapidly growing race take control of their event at such an important point in its growth cycle. Maintaining control of their funds, data and brand will aid in this growth and help the Marathon raise meaningful funds for the Youth Endowment for the Arts.
Kimbia Racing features of particular importance to the Charleston Marathon include:
- Customizable Platform. The ability to quickly and easily customize questions on registration forms enables the Charleston Marathon to sell tickets to their pasta dinner, manage volunteers, track their shuttle bus requests and much more.
- Reporting. Generating customized charts, graphs and spreadsheets in real time enables the team to manage fundraising, volunteer, and race participant data. Having all of the data on one platform simplifies this process and saves time and resources.
- Responsive Vendor. As triathletes, cyclists and runners that participate in and support events year-round, Kimbia Racing personnel know first-hand the impact of a good race registration experience. Having worked with top tier races around the country, they also know how to deliver it and bring those proven practices to each event. Additionally, a dedicated account manager is assigned and available to answer questions.
About the Charleston Marathon:
- Marathon events begin on Friday, January 16, 2015 at Burke Middle & High School and include a health and fitness expo, pre-race dinner, and the Charleston Youth Marathon.
- The Charleston Youth Marathon was also developed to promote student involvement and create a link between health and the arts. This modified marathon encourages students to run or walk 25 miles on their own, logging their progress the months before the race, and running the final 1.2 miles at the Charleston Youth Marathon.
- On Saturday, January 17, 2015 the 5k will start in North Charleston at the North Charleston High School, while the half marathon and full marathon will begin at Burke Middle & High School and traverse the cities of Charleston and North Charleston, and finish at North Charleston High School. The routes will also contain venues along the route featuring student fine art performance groups.
- All races share a common finish line. There will be a post-race festival that will include live musical entertainment, food and drinks and student fine art exhibits and performances.
- The Charleston Marathon events conclude on Sunday, January 18, 2015 with a 20, 40 and 60 mile bike ride that starts and finishes in Mount Pleasant.
- Website: To register to run, donate, volunteer, or for more information, visit http://www.CharlestonMarathon.com.
About the Youth Endowment for the Arts (YEA):
The Youth Endowment for the Arts (YEA) mission is to provide equitable, quality cultural arts experiences to Charleston area children. For more information, visit http://www.yeaendowment.org.
As triathletes, cyclists and runners who participate in and support events year-round, we know first-hand the impact of a good race registration experience and that every race is unique. That's why the Kimbia Racing platform was designed to give race directors the ability to easily manage online components including registration, volunteers and fundraising, all the while retaining complete control over their brand, data and funds. Kimbia Racing proudly supports directors of leading events worldwide, including the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, the IMG Worldwide Escape from Alcatraz™ Triathlon, Cosmic World and The Ragnar Relay Series. For more information, visit http://www.KimbiaRacing.com.