'The IQS263 is the lowest cost capacitive slider and scroll wheel controller available today. In addition the IQS263 is the first device to meet all the latest SAR regulations,' said Kobus Marneweck, VP of Marketing.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) May 21, 2014
Azoteq, the world leader in proximity and touch solutions, today announced the release to market of the IQS263. The IQS263 is the first proximity controller designed specifically to meet the latest SAR regulations (KDB 616217–D04 and IEC 62209-2 ed 1.0). With three input channels, the IQS263 can detect proximity to meet SAR regulations in multiple points and also be used to detect a stylus or smart cover. The IQS263 features a unique movement sensor that prevents stuck conditions.
The IQS263 offers three self- or mutual-capacitance channels. Proximity wakeup allows very low power consumption until the user interacts with the product. The IQS263 can be configured as a three-channel slider or scroll wheel. The device can also be configured as a two-channel slider with one key, or can utilize the third channel for long-range proximity.
The IQS263 supports gestures when the device is configured as a slider. The device provides tap, left swipe and right swipe gestures. The fast sample rate of 80 Hz ensures that fast flicks are recognized. In low power modes the IQS263 only draws 3 μA while sensing, making it ideal for battery applications.
“The IQS263 is the lowest cost capacitive slider and scroll wheel controller available today. In addition, the IQS263 is the first device to meet all the latest SAR regulations,” said Kobus Marneweck, VP of Marketing.
- Three self- or mutual channel-capacitive controller
- Configurable 8-bit 2/3 channel slider or three-channel scroll wheel
- Up to 80 Hz report rate
- On-chip movement detection algorithm
- SAR compliance - IEC 62209-2 ed 1.0 and the FCC KDB 616217–D04
- Left and right flick and tap gestures
- Automatic adjustment for optimal performance (ATI)
- User-selectable proximity and touch thresholds
- Long proximity range
- Automatic drift compensation
- Fast I2C interface
- Event mode or streaming modes
- Hibernation mode
- Low power, suitable for battery applications
- Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- 3 μA active sensing in LP mode
- 100 μA at 40 Hz report rate
- SAR detection for tablets and mobile phones
- SAR detection for wireless charging stations
- Sliders/scroll wheels for remote controls
- Movement-detection devices
- Volume control and lid closure detection for laptops
- MP3 players
- Portable electronics
- Wearable electronics
Pricing and Availability
The IQS263 is priced at $0.34 in quantities of 1 K and $0.21 for orders greater than 1 M.
IQS263 samples and production are available from Mouser now.
About Azoteq (Pty) Ltd
Azoteq (Pty) Ltd (http://www.azoteq.com) is the world leader in proximity and touch solutions for switches, sliders, scroll wheels and touch screens in consumer and industrial applications. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has design and manufacturing centers in South Africa and China, and sales offices and distributors in South Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.
IQ Switch®, ProxSense®, LightSenseTM, AirButton®, DYCALTM are trademarks of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd.