Oroville, Calif., (PRWEB) April 23, 2014
WHAT: As the controversy continues to heat up over the possible relocation of the Sriracha factory, a small Northern California town tells Texas via its Facebook page, to keep its hands off California business.
WHY: Oroville Economic Alliance (OEA) created a social media campaign to keep the Sriracha plant in California. The OEA is welcoming Huy Fong Foods Inc. to move its plant to Oroville known as California’s Business Oasis.
- The goal of OEA is not only to keep business in California, but to invite companies to business-friendly Butte County.
- OEA is ready to turn up the heat and fight to bring the “world’s most popular hot sauce” to Oroville.
- Oroville is in close proximity to prime agriculture and has affordable acreage, ready workforce, and the lowest-priced water in the nation.
- Located within a few hours of San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Lake Tahoe, the State Capital and world-renowned Napa Valley, Oroville offers easy access to highways, rails, ports and international air travel.
- With plentiful, high-quality water, Oroville is an ideal location for water-intensive businesses, such as manufacturing, data centers, agriculture, and beverage companies.
- Oroville Economic Alliance Director Michael Glaze is available for interview.
“Our goal is to keep business in California and to invite companies to business-friendly Butte County,” states Oroville Economic Alliance Director Michael Glaze. “We know many states have contacted Huy Fong Foods, Inc. in an effort to move its Sriracha facility out of California, but we want Mr. Tran and Huy Fong Foods to know that we’re ready to turn up the heat and fight to bring the world's most popular hot sauce to Oroville.”
ABOUT OROVILLE ECONOMIC ALLIANCE
Oroville Economic Alliance is a private and public-sector coalition united in its goal—and passion—for bringing new business from across the country and around the world to Oroville and Butte County. Known as “California’s Business Oasis,” Oroville is unique for its business-friendly combination of abundant affordable acreage, ready workforce, strategic location, and lowest-priced, highest-quality water in the nation. Participating members of the alliance include South Feather Water & Power Agency, Oroville Area Chamber of Commerce, City of Oroville, Butte County, and Oroville Economic Development Corporation. For more information, visit http://www.cabusinessoasis.org.