Windsor, ON (PRWEB) April 25, 2014
Winter has (hopefully) retired for the year and Spring is upon us. Now that the winter tires can come off and cyclists and pedestrians can enjoy the weather, it’s time to review Spring safety.
The sun is rising earlier and setting later. The sun is bright, blinding and can interfere with our ability to see the road, pedestrians and cyclists.
The law firm of Paciocco & Mellow, a prominent personal injury firm located in Windsor, Ontario has some helpful tips to stay safe this Spring.
1. Invest in proper sunglasses- wearing sunglasses that shield your eyes from sunrays is a good investment. Improving your chances of seeing well on the road improves both your safety and the safety of other road users.
2. Pay attention at intersections – be on the lookout for pedestrians and cyclists, especially at dawn and dusk, when the sun is at its strongest.
3. Watch your speed – on a bright sunny day, drivers are inclined to speed, the road is clear, but speeding is never a good idea and it is harder to slow down and maintain control of your car at high speeds.
4. Take care of your car- bring your car in for regular maintenance, as you want to make sure your car has proper oil, fluid etc. and your tires have proper treads.
5. Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road- keep your drive distraction free!
We associate the Spring with rain, and driving in the rain requires special care. The Spring can bring with it heavy downpours and Paciocco & Mellow offers the following useful advice to drivers:
1. Check the forecast – find out how long the rain is expected to last, what the estimated rainfall is expected to be so you can plan accordingly.
2. Check your windshield wipers- make sure your windshield wipers are in good working order- you are going to be making good use of them.
3. Slow down- adjust your speed to avoid hydroplaning and to maintain control of your vehicle.
4. Keep your distance- leave a reasonable distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you, so you can safely stop.
5. Pull over in poor visibility – if you have trouble seeing in front of you, pull over to the side of the road in a safe manner, and wait out the rain.
To reach Paciocco & Mellow:
(519) 915- SORE (7673)
Paciocco & Mellow- providing peace of mind at a difficult time.