We are thrilled with the way that the new user interface gives our marketing team the necessary control to support our digital strategies.-- Cory Reed, Director of Digital Marketing, Ciena
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 29, 2014
Clickability, a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) Web Content Management (WCM) platform and part of the Upland Software family of cloud-based enterprise work management applications, today announced the availability of its new user interface (UI). As marketers have more content to manage globally, more campaigns to run, and more channels in which to engage their customers, they need comprehensive yet flexible platforms that empower them to implement new initiatives with agility. This new UI was built with these needs in mind, providing content authors, designers, and web developers with the capabilities they need to more successfully execute their digital strategies.
"We are thrilled with the way that the new user interface gives our marketing team the necessary control to support our digital strategies,” said Cory Reed, Director of Digital Marketing, Ciena. “As more visitors consume our digital content through mobile devices and tablets, we’re particularly impressed with the ability to quickly and easily see what the customer experience is like across all devices. This will not only speed-up our workflow, but it will also ensure we are delivering a more compelling experience to customers, partners and other audiences when they visit our site.”
Key benefits of Clickability’s new UI include:
- More Control for Marketers and Content Authors: An intuitive visual environment allows marketers and content authors to more easily edit web page layouts and templates without the help of IT, while in-context editing lets them rapidly create and update content. As a result, they have more control over website presentation and the ability to provide rich, impactful content experiences.
- Increased Marketing Agility: Design aesthetics have been separated from content and layout, allowing users to independently update designs, layout, and content on the fly with no expensive customizations required. Users are not locked into their design choices and are liberated to swiftly implement new marketing initiatives.
- Faster Content Publishing Across Multiple Channels: Out-of-the-box multi-channel capabilities are built into content and design workflows, removing the need for costly customizations and additional time-consuming steps when publishing to multiple channels. Proprietary technology automatically delivers responsive design, allowing ideal viewing of content and images on all devices. Users can also preview, as they are editing, how content and designs will appear on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices to ensure optimal customer experiences throughout the digital experience.
- Sleek and Configurable Experience: An intuitive, drag-and-drop UI lets users easily complete tasks and perform the most critical functions quickly. They can also tailor their own experiences within the UI by configuring views, navigations, fields, and workflows in a way that best fits their specific needs and preferences.
“We have over a thousand content users managing 32 local websites across the country,” said Lisa Bishop, VP, Digital Media, Gray Television, Inc. “With nearly 60% of our traffic coming from mobile devices, a platform that gives our content authors the power they need to rapidly publish lots of new content daily across channels is an absolutely necessity. This is why we’re so excited for Clickability’s new UI. Our content authors can now more efficiently publish content to mobile and tablet devices and have complete confidence that the viewing experience is optimal regardless of device. There’s no hassle, no extra steps, and no technical expertise required. Having this built into our publishing workflow saves us time, money, and resources.”
Tools within the new UI include:
- Content Editor: a visual environment for users to create, edit, and update website content. It enables powerful workflow, content configuration, and in-context editing capabilities, as well as the ability to view content in multiple page layouts.
- Layout Manager: a visual tool that allows users to create page layouts and reusable web page elements. They can create as many layouts as they want using the out-of-the-box component library, visually edit all HTML attributes, and visually define drag and drop page blocks.
- Design Manager: a management tool that lets users create design bundles of java script and CSS files, assign these bundles to development, staging, and production publishing environments, and leverage multiple design bundles across their websites.
- Template Builder: a visual environment for combining page layouts with design bundles and page elements to create publishing-ready page templates. Users create any number of custom templates and easily drag and drop page elements. Additional capabilities include auto-built field and component libraries and multi-device preview.
“Today’s marketers and content authors face increasing demands and expectations,” said Noah Logan, General Manager, Clickability. “They are tasked with continually publishing new content globally, personalizing customer experiences, integrating campaigns across channels, and quickly addressing new needs and initiatives. As we developed our new UI, we worked with our users to identify what they required to successfully address these requirements, and we then applied these insights. The outcome is a very flexible offering that empowers all types of users to execute their strategies effectively.”
Clickability, a product line within Upland Software, is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) Web Content Management platform (WCM). We enable marketers and online publishers to efficiently create, manage and publish content globally to any device; track and personalize visitor experiences; and implement web-based branding, social media, and demand generation campaigns. Our easy-to-use platform offers comprehensive, constantly advancing capabilities that empower customers to successfully execute their digital strategies with agility. As a result, they can rapidly create and deliver dynamic digital content experiences that boost their brand, increase engagement, and drive conversions. To learn more, visit http://www.clickability.com.
About Upland Software
Upland is a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise work management software. Our family of applications helps transform how work gets done by enabling better alignment of resources with business objectives, real-time visibility, and increased governance and collaboration, resulting in improved productivity and business agility. From strategic planning to work execution, Upland helps more than 1,200 enterprise clients with 300,000 active users in over 50 countries drive results for critical business functions including information technology, marketing, finance, professional services, and process excellence. To learn more, visit http://www.uplandsoftware.com.