Durham, NC (PRWEB) May 02, 2014
While former financial executive turned Real Property Management owner, James Easterlin, has changed careers, his advice continues to be financially related. Only now his advice is directed towards people looking for a property management company.
“With a third of homes in this economy currently rental properties, folks looking for property managers need to be careful that they are choosing the right company to take care of their investment properties,” says Easterlin.
He offers these “tips” for people looking for a property management company:
- Make sure that property management is their only business. Companies that are also realtors or commercial property managers tend to have a split focus.
- The company should be responsible for the full range of services, from getting the property ready to lease, finding the tenants and managing all facets of the lease. Otherwise, the property owner will be drawn into a coordinating role.
- Has a straight forward fee structure
- Has a rigorous tenant screening process
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
Sometimes folks are in such a hurry to get their property rented, they skip things that are important in the long run. Folks who follow these tips will eliminate the myriad of headaches that come with being desperate and choosing any company,” says Easterlin.
Easterlin is a resident of Durham, North Carolina. He holds a Harvard, MBA and enjoys gardening, travel and reading. He can be reached at 919-806-4286 or jeasterlin(at)rpmdurham(dot)com. Real Property Management is a national full service property management company serving Durham and Orange counties.