Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 01, 2014
As employers look for ways to limit their contribution obligations while continuing to offer valuable health insurance coverage, insurance carriers are meeting that need by launching their own single-carrier exchanges, participating in multi-carrier exchanges, or both. But what are the key tax and ERISA compliance issues employers and insurers need to understand? On May 15, the Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) webinar, “Private Exchanges: Avoiding Regulatory Pitfalls in the Post-ACA World,” will address what compliance issues employers, health insurers and private exchange operators should expect in the future.
During the May 15 webinar, participants will hear expert presentations from John Hickman, Esq., head of the Alston & Bird, LLP Health Benefits Practice, and Ken Sperling, national health exchange strategy leader at Aon Hewitt. Participants will get detailed answers to these and other complex questions:
- What compliance issues arise when an employer provides defined-contribution dollars for individual policies sold on private or public exchanges? How does the IRS guidance in Notice 2013-54 affect such arrangements?
- From a regulatory perspective, what is the difference between fully insured and self-insured exchanges?
- What needs to be considered when determining the employer subsidy?
- Can employees pay for any excess cost of coverage through a pre-tax salary reduction?
- What are the benefits of group versus individual coverage? What are the compliance hurdles?
- Will employer-subsidized coverage through individual policies make employees ineligible for federal subsidies through the federal exchange?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4r20_051514 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.