GuideStar’s Impact Call is meant to reframe nonprofit transparency to include information that is more timely, interactive, inclusive, and comprehensive.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 02, 2014
What: GuideStar’s Impact Calls quickly and proactively provide results to constituents and begin a systematic dialogue that encourages data-driven decision making across the nonprofit sector. Join them as they host their second Impact Call to redefine what transparency means to philanthropy, as well as discuss their first quarter financial and programmatic outcomes, new developments, and lessons learned.
Who: Leaders of GuideStar USA, Inc., the leading source of nonprofit information:
- Jacob Harold, GuideStar’s president and CEO, will discuss recent developments in GuideStar's collection of nonprofit financial and impact data and products, and lessons learned.
- James Lum, GuideStar’s CFO, will provide a brief overview of the organization’s first quarter financial and programmatic results.
- Lindsay J.K Nichols, GuideStar’s Marketing and Communications Senior Director, will frame the call, introduce speakers, and moderate the discussion between presenters and call participants.
Where: Register online today by clicking here, or by visiting http://npo.gs/impactpage. Invite your networks to attend by using our promotional tool kit with turn-key content: http://npo.gs/GSIC2PromoToolKit
When: Monday, May 12, 2014, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. EST
Why: The nonprofit sector is incredibly important. The nonprofit sector contributes more than $800 billion to the U.S. economy, making up 5.5 percent of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product. Nonprofits employ the third-largest workforce in America behind retail and manufacturing, and the nonprofit sector continues to grow at a rate that surpasses both the business and government sectors.
Yet philanthropy is behind most U.S. sectors because of the lack of real-time feedback loops. GuideStar’s Impact Call is meant to reframe nonprofit transparency to include information that is more timely, interactive, inclusive, and comprehensive. Loosely based on the quarterly earnings calls held by publicly-owned companies, the Impact Call is open to everyone and will be the first step in addressing these new transparency definitions:
- Timely – It takes almost a year for nonprofit results to become widely available through IRS Forms 990. That’s just too long. GuideStar is holding its Impact Call fewer than 60 days after the quarter end.
- Interactive – The Impact Call will be a dialogue, rather than a one-way conversation. Participants will have an opportunity to question GuideStar in real time.
- Inclusive – Everyone is invited to the Impact Call. Not just GuideStar’s funders but anyone with a stake and interest in its results.
- Comprehensive – Finances are only one piece of a much larger picture when it comes to nonprofit re-sults. GuideStar’s Impact Call also includes reporting on programmatic and operational metrics as well as a broader discussion of our strategy.
About GuideStar: GuideStar, http://www.guidestar.org, connects people and organizations with information on the programs, finances, and impact of more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized nonprofits. GuideStar serves a wide audience inside and outside the nonprofit sector, including individual donors, nonprofit leaders, grantmakers, government officials, academic researchers, and the media.