I would encourage the City of San Jose's community to join us in this forum and listen to each candidate's platform on leading our city.
San Jose, California (PRWEB) April 30, 2014
Business on the Edge, Incorporated, announces Margaret Jackson, host of AM 1220 KDOW’s Money 2.0 Business on the Edge radio show, will be the Moderator for the San Jose Mayoral Candidate Forum. “I am honored to have been entrusted and given the opportunity to participate as the Moderator for this forum. I would encourage the City of San Jose’s community to join us in this forum and listen to each candidate's platform on leading our city. It is serious business, in electing our city officials, and I am looking forward to doing my part in supporting that end goal, and I hope that the community will too. ” (CEO, Margaret Jackson, Business on the Edge, Incorporated and AM 1220 KDOW Silicon Valley/Bay Area Business Radio Host)
In the June Primary and November General Election, the people will decide who will lead the City of San Jose.
- A city of almost a million people (945,942)
- San Jose is the 10th largest city in the United States
- A city with a budget of close to $3 Billion Dollars/year
- A city that is a technology and transportation hub
- A city that will have to adjust to a significant change in leadership (a new mayor and new council members in 3 of 10 city districts)
The San Jose Mayoral Forum Candidate Participants are:
- Santa Clara County Supervisor Dave Cortese
- San Jose City Council Member Rose Herrera
- San Jose City Council Member San Liccardo
- San Jose City Council Member Madison Nguyen
- San Jose City Council Member Pierluigi Oliverio
The San Jose Mayoral Forum is being co-sponsored by the following organizations:
- The Berryessa Citizens Advisory Council (BCAC)
- The Berryessa Business Association (BBA)
- The Berryessa-Milpitas Republican Assembly
- The Berryessa-North San Jose Democratic Club
The San Jose Mayoral Forum Event:
Date: May 12, 2014
Location: 3050 Berryessa Road, San Jose, CA
The public is encouraged to submit their questions to the screening committee for the candidates by May 5, 2014. All questions can be emailed to the Berryessa Citizens Advisory Council secretary, Tyler Shewey.
Business on the Edge, Incorporated is a San Jose/Silicon Valley leader in encouraging, motivating, and providing resources, tools, small business training and development for small businesses and women in business. It has a mass-media reach that supports small businesses and professional visibility through AM 1220 KDOW Business & Finance Radio, the online publication San Jose Women’s Business Examiner, and the On the Edge Women In Business CLUB. For more information about Business on the Edge, Inc. Visit its website at http://www.businessontheedge.biz.
For more information, please contact:
Public Relations Department
Business on the Edge, Incorporated
PO Box 611325
San Jose, California 95161
Fax: 408 435-7971