Richmond, British Columbia (PRWEB) May 02, 2014
Ultima Medical Services Inc. is very pleased to announce that we have launched both an English and French language version of our Bullying and Harassment online training course.
At the request of numerous employers, Ultima is now able to offer our online training course in both English and French to accomodate Canadian Federal language law.
To assist with Supervisor and Worker training, Ultima has developed a detailed online Bullying and Harassment course that is applicable to Employer, Supervisors and Workers.
On November 1, 2013 WorkSafeBC approved three new Occupational Health and Safety policies under sections D3-115-2 (Employers Duties), D3-116-1 (Workers Duties) and D3-117-2 (Supervisors Duties), which addresses Bullying and Harassment in the workplace.
Employers Duties- Policy D3-115-2
OHS policy D3-115-2: Employers Duties- Bullying and Harassment sets out nine steps WorkSafeBC considers reasonable for Employers to take so that they comply with their legal obligations and to prevent and address workplace Bullying and Harassment. Employers are required to:
1. Develop a policy statement on Bullying and Harassment
2. Take steps to prevent or minimize Bullying and Harassment
3. Develop and implement procedures for Workers to report incidents or complaints
4. Develop and implement procedures for dealing with incident or complaints
5. Inform Workers of the policy statement and steps taken to prevent Bullying and Harassment
6. Train Supervisors and Workers
7. Annually review (1), (2), (3) and (4)
8. Not to engage in Bullying and Harassment of others Workers
9. Apply and comply with the Employers policy and procedures on Bullying and Harassment.
The OHS polices define Bullying and Harassment as a single term, which:
“Includes any inappropriate conduct or comments by a person towards a Worker that the person knew or reasonably ought to have known would cause that Worker to be humiliated or intimidated.”
Ultima Medical Services has the experience and ability to assist organizations in achieving compliance with these new OHS policies.
We invite you to experience this on-line training tool at no expense. Please visit our website to receive more information and access to our online Bullying and Harassment training course.