We’re honored that such top-notch accounts payable and accounts receivable professionals chose to be part of the IFO's inaugural Leadership Academy class.
Orlando, Fla. (PRWEB) May 06, 2014
The Institute of Financial Operations has recognized eight professionals as graduates of the inaugural class of its Leadership Academy, a nine-month immersive course that combines live and virtual sessions covering personal and operational development.
The membership association created the program in 2013 as a way to develop future executives in the IFO’s core disciplines of accounts payable, accounts receivable, information management, and data capture. The IFO Leadership Academy is presented in partnership with the D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University in Boston.
“We’re honored that such top-notch accounts payable and accounts receivable professionals chose to be part of the IFO's inaugural Leadership Academy class,” said Michael Mallon, chairman of the IFO’s board of directors. “A program like this is what you make it, and our participants raised it to a level that even we as the founders did not expect. We’re proud to be associated with them.”
The 2014 Leadership Academy graduates are:
- Kristen Constantino – Senior Payroll Specialist, PRGX
- Dena Glowa – Accounting and AR Specialist, Komet of America Inc.
- Patricia Gomez – AP Manager, Eink Corp.
- Holli Haug – Receivables Supervisor, Mizuno USA
- Beth Marohnich – Assistant Manager, Vendor Services, Nordstrom
- Kerry Schmidt – Director of Accounting Operations, University of Louisville
- Anna Stokes – AP/Disbursements Team Leader, Weyerhaeuser
- Susie Ulsund – AP Team Leader, Weyerhaeuser
The rigorous curriculum combines live and virtual sessions that cover:
- Innovative leadership
- Case studies
- Leading AP and AR practices
- Advanced automation
- Current tax and regulatory guidelines
- Comprehensive professional development
The course offers:
- Tours of award-winning financial operations departments
- Attendance at the annual Fusion conference
- Panel discussions with thought leaders in the profession
- Insights from top service providers
- An optional Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification and several professional development certificates
- 100 hours of learning and networking
- 85 continuing professional education (CPE) credits, including at least 40 that are NASBA-approved
- A Leadership Academy certificate
About The Institute of Financial Operations
The Institute of Financial Operations is a membership-based professional association serving the entire financial operations ecosystem, with a particular focus on the accounts payable and accounts receivable disciplines and the related fields of information management and data capture. The Institute grew out of the merger of four associations: International Accounts Payable Professionals (IAPP), International Accounts Receivable Professionals (IARP), the National Association of Purchasing and Payables (NAPP), and The Association for Work Process Improvement (TAWPI).
Based in Orlando, Fla., with affiliates in the U.S., Canada, and the UK, The Institute serves as a global voice, chief advocate, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, and principal educator for people in financial operations. The Institute has a community of nearly 70,000, which includes 9,000 members and customers, and an additional 61,000 financial operations professionals.
The Institute’s members have access to benefits and leading edge resources such as the award-winning Financial Ops magazine, a dynamic content-rich website, educational and networking events, online educational offerings, certification and certificate programs, career resources, and volunteer opportunities. For more information, visit http://www.financialops.org.