Leading military and defence experts from MoDs across the globe and industry specialists will meet in Singapore in 2 week’s time at MilSatCom Asia-Pacific Conference
Just 2 weeks remain until SMi open their doors to host the 4th annual conference on MilSatCom Asia-Pacific, taking place on the 14th-15th of May in Singapore. This industry leading meeting will be focusing particularly on the implications of the US forces Pivot to the Pacific, new technological advancements such as picosatellites and maritime security and other issues facing the industry such as the regulatory aspects of satellite usage.
(PRWEB UK) 1 May 2014
Confirmed attendees includes Ministry of Defence Singapore, US Embassy in Singapore, Defence Science and Technology Agency (Singapore), DSO National Laboratories, Tesat-Spacecom, USDAO Singapore, Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, Embassy of the Republic of Poland, SKT Perfect JSAT Corporation, Sky Perfect Jsat, SATIS, MIT Technology & Policy Program, Embassy of Ukraine, Nova Systems, ST Electronics, Emerging Markets Communications, Eutelsat Asia plus many more...
- Special presentation from a technical expert about emerging satellite programmes in Asia
- Learn about the US Forces pivot to the Pacific and implications for the SatCom industry in Asia from US representatives
- Explore picosatellites and their implications for the future of Maritime from the Hellenic Navy
- Hear from the Philippine Navy about their future plans for MilSatCom
- Discuss the future of SatCom in Asia and other issues facing the region such as cost-effective use of SatCom
- Gain an insight into the legal aspects of satellite certification in Asia and satellite filing requirements from the French MoD
- Meet and network with SatCom solutions providers, top military representatives and SatCom experts in this field
The 2014 speaker line-up includes presentations from:
- Lieutenant Commander Owen Gee, C4 EW Requirements Maritime, New Zealand Defence Force
- Captain Jirapol Wongwit, Director of Policy and Plans Division, Royal Thai Navy
- Captain Anthony Rommel SD Reyes PN GSC, Global Satellite Communications, Philippine Navy
- Major Melissa Reyes, Deputy Project Director, Canadian Department of Defence
- Lionel Frion, Engineer Spectrum, French Ministry of Defence
- Harold Haney, Chief Space & Missile Defense Division, USSTRATCOM
- Patrick Gibassier, Head of Government Satcoms Export Sales, Airbus Defence & Space
- "D" D'Ambrosio, EVP, Government Services, O3b Networks
- Tom Cheong, Vice President & General Manager Asia-Pacific, iDirect Asia
- Nicolas Stephan, Business Development Director Asia, Swedish Space Corporation
- Dr Danielle Wood, Adjunct Researcher, Systems Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Gregg Daffner, GVF Hong Kong Correspondent/CEO, Global VSAT Forum
- Jose del Rosario, Senior Analyst, Northern Sky Research
- Lieutenant Commander Georgios Mantzouris, Ph.D, Hellenic Navy
- Riaz Lamak, International Director Benchmarking & Validation, Global VSAT Forum
- Seshadri Vasan, Head, Strategy and Security Studies, Centre for Asia Studies
And many more at this year’s meeting.
MilSatCom Asia-Pacific is proud to be supported by Northern Sky Research, Armed Forces International, Defence Suppliers, HSRC, Satnews Publishers, Satellite Today, Space Agenda, Via Satellite, TeleInfoToday, Satellite Evolution Group and many others.
For further details contact James Hitchen on +44(0) 207 827 6054 or e-mail jhitchen(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk.
If you wish to enquire about press-pass, contact Julia Rotar (jrotar(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk) or Daniel Lee (dlee(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk) or visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014milsatcom-asia7.asp.