The Next Generation Manufacturing Assessment Tool is a free resource that helps manufacturers to identify and measure strategic benchmarks in key areas of their businesses.
Cleveland, Ohio (PRWEB) May 14, 2014
The Manufacturing Performance Institute (MPI), part of The MPI Group, in coordination with the American Small Manufacturers Coalition (ASMC), has unveiled the Next Generation Manufacturing (NGM) Assessment Tool to help identify and measure strategic benchmarks in key areas of manufacturing businesses.
The NGM Assessment Tool offers a quick and free mechanism for manufacturers to search and benchmark their progress toward world-class status by comparing their responses to thousands of NGM Study participants. Based on six NGM strategies, the assessment tool provides manufacturers a foundation for strategic planning by identifying opportunities and insights for improvement. Strategies measured include:
- Customer-Focused Innovation: Develop, make, and market new products and services that meet customers’ needs at a pace faster than the competition.
- Superior Processes/Improvement Focus: Record annual productivity and quality gains that exceed the competition through a company-wide commitment to continuous improvement.
- Human-Capital Management: Secure a competitive performance advantage by having superior systems in place to recruit, hire, develop, and retain talent.
- Supply-Chain Management and Collaboration: Develop and manage supply chains and partnerships that provide flexibility, response time, and delivery performance that exceeds the competition.
- Sustainability: Design and implement waste and energy-use reductions at a level that provides superior cost performance and recognizable customer value.
- Global Engagement: Secure business advantages by having people, partnerships, and systems in place capable of engaging global markets and talents better than the competition.
The NGM Assessment tool is completely free to all manufacturers and is based on the NGM Study conducted in 2009, 2011 and 2013. The NGM Study surveyed thousands of U.S. manufacturers nationwide. To get started, visit the NGM Assessment Tool website at NextGenMfgTool.com.
About The Manufacturing Performance Institute (MPI): The MPI Group offers companies research, advice, and performance-targeted solutions that provide a competitive advantage in today’s fierce marketplace. Our products and services are designed for clients in six broad categories — corporations, associations, professional services firms, information technology providers, publishers, and economic development agencies. Visit The MPI Group website.
About American Small Manufacturers Coalition (ASMC): ASMC is a trade association of manufacturing extension agents whom work to improve the innovation and productivity of America’s manufacturing community. ASMC advocates for legislative and programmatic resources that allow its small manufacturing clients to better compete in the global marketplace. For more information, visit the American Small Manufacturers Coalition website.