In 2014, the EB-5 Program is stronger than it has ever been with demonstrated economic impact doubling in the last few years.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) May 02, 2014
IIUSA, the national not-for-profit trade association representing EB-5 Regional Centers, will host its 7th Annual EB-5 Regional Economic Development Advocacy Conference, May 7-9, in Washington D.C. The three-day event will focus on business development, industry education and grassroots advocacy. Well over 400 people will be in attendance from all over the world.
"The annual EB-5 Regional Economic Development Advocacy Conference gives IIUSA's members and other program stakeholders an opportunity to discuss business trends, policy developments and compliance issues that impact the EB-5 Program and EB-5 Regional Centers around the country," said Peter D. Joseph, IIUSA Executive Director. "In 2014, the EB-5 Program is stronger than it has ever been with demonstrated economic impact doubling in the last few years. The roster of speakers and panels at this year's conference is a reflection of the growing importance of EB-5 capital in job creation around the country."
Keynote speakers and panelists addressing this year's conference include:
- Senator Patrick Leahy, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Representative Aaron Schock (IL-18)
- Representative Zoe Lofgren (CA-19), Ranking Members of the House Immigration Subcommittee
- Nicolas Colucci, Director, Immigrant Investor Programs Office, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Aaron Brickman, Deputy Executive Director, SelectUSA, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Steve Cohen, Associate Director, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Kavita Jain, Director, Office of Emerging Regulatory Issues, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- William Guli, Membership Applications Program, FINRA
- Charles Oppenheim, Chief, Visa Controls Office, U.S. Department of State
- Lisa Atkins, Director of Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Chris Licht, Vice President, CBS News; Executive Producer, CBS This Morning
- Cindy Chen, Area Development Manager, American Chamber of Commerce in South China
- Ken Jarrett, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
Additionally, IIUSA will welcome officials from all of China's Provincial Entry-Exit Associations for a signing ceremony formalizing IIUSA's association-to-association partnerships in the industry’s most vital investor market.
Along with the lineup of keynote speakers, industry experts from across disciplines will be presenting on the latest developments in the EB-5 Regional Center Program. Attendees will also be visiting Congressional offices on Capitol Hill to educate Congress on the growing economic contribution of the EB-5 Regional Center industry to the U.S. In fiscal year 2012 alone, the Program contributed over $3.3 billion to GDP, supported over 42,000 American jobs, and generated over $712 federal/state/local tax revenue – all at no cost to the taxpayer.
For more information visit: http://www.iiusa2014eb5advocacyconference.org