Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) May 07, 2014
NCPDP, the not-for-profit pharmacy standards development organization, celebrated its 37-year tradition of innovation with inspiring keynote speakers, accredited track sessions and networking opportunities, Coloring Outside the Lines at its 2014 Annual Technology and Business Conference this week. The conference draws innovators and decision makers from across pharmacy services and the broader healthcare industry.
The conference kicked-off with an industry thought leader panel discussion on barriers and opportunities for better coordinated care. The keynote session challenged attendees to continue to broaden NCPDP’s reach and impact, bringing innovative solutions and standards to bear on clinical, financial, and patient safety challenges. A more literal interpretation of the conference theme took on a powerful visual dimension as internationally recognized graffiti artist, # 1 best-selling author and entrepreneur, Erik Wahl, delivered an inspiring message about breakthrough thinking while painting live, on stage.
Other conference highlights include election results for NCPDP’s Board of Trustees and award recipients:
- Darren K. Townzen, R.Ph., MBA, director of billing, reconciliation, and healthcare data, Walmart, was appointed chair of the NCPDP Board of Trustees.
- Michele Vilaret Davidson, R.Ph., manager, pharmacy technical standards, development, and policy, Walgreen Co., was newly elected to the Board of Trustees and appointed vice-chair.
- Russell B. Keith (Rusty), vice president, pharmacy and PBM account management, Surescripts, LLC, was re-elected to the Board for another term.
- Board of Trustees already serving include: Thomas R. Bizzaro, R.Ph., vice president, health policy and industry relations, FDB (First Databank, Inc.); Richard Klein Brook, vice president, pharmacy and sales, Emdeon; Dale A. Chamberlain, president, Gateway Pharmacy Consulting, LLC; Alan K. Gardner, MBA, vice president, operations, RxResults, LLC; John W. Hill, MBA, HCM, vice president, business development, Argus Health Systems, Inc.; Laurie Littlecreek, senior director, retail network operations, Express Scripts; Mara N. Mitchel, vice president, 3rd party operations and client billing services, PharMerica Corporation; Nancy J. Nemes, manager, Medicare operations, Catamaran; Scott M. Robertson, R.Ph., Pharm.D., principal technology consultant, Kaiser Permanente; Damon R. Tressler, director, industry standards, systems, and practices, CVS/caremark.
- Outgoing Board members include: Charlie Oltman, MBA, CHC, senior manager, regulatory affairs, Target Corporation and Perry Lewis, assistant vice president, PBM Relations, McKesson AccessHealth.
- NCPDP named Michele Vilaret Davidson, R.Ph., manager, pharmacy technical standards, development, and policy, Walgreen Co., as recipient of its prestigious TIME (The Individual Member Excellence) Award.
- Sharon Gruttadauria, director pharmacy programs, CVS/caremark, was presented the Benjamin D. Ward Distinguished Member Award.
- Patrice Kuppe, senior EDI specialist, Surescripts, LLC, received the Rising Star Award.
NCPDP’s 38th Annual Technology & Business Conference will be held May 3-6, 2015 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.
To download NCPDP’s 2013 Annual Report, Real People. Real Results. Leadership in an Era of Historic Change in Healthcare, visit http://ncpdp.org/About-Us/Annual-Reports.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with 1,600 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 76,000 pharmacies, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than two million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call (480) 477-1000.