Sun Valley Summer Festival and Events Calendar Filled With Great Entertainment
The Sun Valley and Visit Sun Valley summer events calendar is filled with world class arts and culture as well as outdoor recreation festivals and events. With warm days and cool nights in the mountains of Idaho a summer get away like Sun Valley has never been easier.
Sun Valley, Idaho (PRWEB) May 09, 2014
The Sun Valley area has a non stop offering of summer events and festivals coming up this season with something for everyone from the seeker of art and culture to the outdoor enthusiast to the music aficionado. With warm days and cool nights filled with some of the finest outdoor recreation and arts and culture anywhere, the Sun Valley calendar puts the area at the top of traveler’s consideration lists.
June 26- July 5: Ride Sun Valley Bike Festival
- A full week of mountain bike racing, rides, live music and great times.
July 2-6: Hailey Days of the Old West Celebration
- The Sun Valley area’s Independence Day celebration with a parade, bike races, and old west rodeo.
July 11-13: Ketchum Arts Festival
- Over 100 visually enchanting artisan booths offering the full variety of handmade arts and crafts spread across festival meadows.
July 17-19: Sun Valley Center for the Arts Wine Auction
- One of the premier wine auctions in the country filled with a legendary four-day weekend of events and extraordinary wine and food experiences to benefit the Center for the Arts.
July 19-22 Sun Valley Writers Conference
- An annual four day literary “house party” that brings some of the world’s finest and most influential writers to the Sun Valley area, the SV Writers Conference is true enlightenment.
July 28- August 19: Sun Valley Summer Symphony
- The largest free outdoor symphony in the country brings some of the most highly acclaimed symphony musicians to Sun Valley for three weeks of virtuoso music and picnicking.
August 8-10: Sun Valley Center Arts and Crafts Festival
- A three day outdoor exhibition featuring over 130 artists from around the country and wide variety of handmade fine arts and crafts make this a destination artist celebration.
August 27-Sept 1: Wagon Days
- A Labor Day Weekend celebration that draws visitors from far and wide, Wagon Days features one of the largest and longest running non-motorized parade in the US.
August 31:Rebecca's Private Idaho
- Come ride some of central Idaho's best and most scenic dirt roads and enjoy the camaraderie and good times of this second annual event
July 2- August 29: Sun Valley Center for the Arts Summer Concert Series
- A wide variety of live music which represents some of the finest musicians today. Featuring Michael Franti, Josh Ritter, Chris Isaak and the Head and the Heart this is a line up you won't want to miss!
Visit Sun Valley is the destination marketing organization for the Sun Valley region of south-central Idaho. Located amid a pristine mountain environment and high desert climate Sun Valley is a four season outdoor paradise known as much for its art and cultural offerings as its recreational opportunities. Home to America's first destination ski resort, Sun Valley is recognized as The Original Mountain Town for its mountain heritage and down to earth appeal. For more information on area events, lodging, dining, shopping, and recreational offerings go to http://www.visitsunvalley.com. For media inquiries contact Greg Randolph at greg(at)visitsunvalley(dot)com or 208.725.2103